Are They Allowed?

Just be sure to mention that the cache container is not the big bin but the film can that just happens to be stashed on the big bin.

Hey! Big Bin! ... isn't that some famous bell or something?

Big Ben dumb pig!

I don't drink from bins! :( I am sufisticated ain't I, I drink straight from the can or bottle and never wiv a straw!

Better than a trough any day!

Just be sure to mention that the cache container is not the big bin but the film can that just happens to be stashed on the big bin.

Hey! Big Bin! ... isn't that some famous bell or something?

Big Ben dumb pig!

I don't drink from bins! :( I am sufisticated ain't I, I drink straight from the can or bottle and never wiv a straw!

Better than a trough any day!

Hiya. Since you hardly ever come over and play any more I figured I'd pop into your neighborhood.

I'm contributing this item to this thread as the other one I found on 'dangerous cache contents' was a bit off the wall about kittens and condoms!!!

453379bb-64bd-414f-a661-37f0ffaa7361.jpg

Took these from one of my caches today. Can't work out where the lure came from but the lighter was dropped off by some Swiss Cachers, who also left a note that the Log was full. Clearly not competent with the concept of turning the booklet over and going in the other direction.

To be fair to the cachers concerned, the lure may have originally had a bit of cork on it as there was some crumbled cork in the bottom of the cache, but why leave such a sharp item in the first place. What's wrong with a far more user friendly item? :D

Edited by granthamscouts

Not all sweets are sweets though!!!! a copy of two logs from one of our caches in Leeds... Names removed to protect the innocent!

December 19, 2006 by The Biffas (480 found)

I saw those,they weren't sweets- they were mothballs!!

[view this log on a separate page]

December 18, 2006 by ******** (300 found)

Returned to this one with Eddie for my second attempt at this cache. Parked at the stables and got told to move by a friendly, yet scary farmer with a couple of shotguns over his shoulder! Anyhow he was helpful enough to direct us to a parking spot at the other end of the bridleway so we made our way up from the other side.

Found the cache after a few spikey minutes hunting in the location, cache was well hidden. We took nothing but did open the sweets which were in the cache. Not the nicest sweets Ive ever tried so we left the rest in the cache.

TFTC.

[view this log on a separate page]

MaxKim. :laughing:

You'd probably get away with canned fizzy drinks, but generally food items, dog food, whisky, sweets etc all have the same problems. Whatever the guidelines say, it's sensible to NOT leave these in caches as they attract slugs, snails, rodents and other undesirables, and have potential to make the cache very unpleasant. Even if you can't smell anything and it all seems to be well-sealed.

You might think that bottled drinks are OK, but someone may take a swig then screw the cap back on and leave the rest. Yuk.

One of the very first caches we ever found had a condom and a tampax in :o and the person who left the items even wrote about them in the log book.

The bloke had put something like "something for the boys" would you take a condom from a cache? and the female had wrote something like "one of you lady cachers might need this" :ph34r:

I don't think these kind of items would even be classed as contraband (I could be and hope to be wrong) but really do we need these kind of items in caches?

The worst of it was Daniel who was about 8 at the time pulling the tampax out and saying "whats this mam?"

I would rather have mc tat dirty golf balls and ear plugs than what we found

M ;)

We did a cache in Florida a couple of years ago that had a full packet of antihistamine tablets in (we swiftly removed them!).

However, the worst thing that we ever came across in a cache was left by irresponsible muggles (no prizes for guessing what!). Unfortunately the cache had to be archived because of it, which was a shame, as it was a lovely multi.

The worst of it was Daniel who was about 8 at the time pulling the tampax out and saying "whats this mam?"

M :D

First Aid alternative answer ..it could be placed over a profusely bleeding wound and bound in place with a bandage .

We actually carry sanitary napkins in our first aid box precisely for that reason!

We actually carry sanitary napkins in our first aid box precisely for that reason!

And I am told (but not by Ray Mears) that they make excellent kindling for starting a fire.

Incidentally, I once unwittingly left something rather unsuitable in a cache. When I was last in Finland I bought a load of tourist tat ... er ... quality goodies for putting in caches, among which was a keyring, which was carved from reindeer antler. The cache in which I left it subsequently flooded, resulting in the following log.

"Found this cache on the floor full of water..theres what appears to be a piece of antler in the cache which is slowly rotting away"

Ooops. :D Note to self - double check for things that are perishable even if they don't appear so.

M ;)

First Aid alternative answer ..it could be placed over a profusely bleeding wound and bound in place with a bandage .

True enough. Absolutely perfect (even like they were designed for it) for bullet wounds. :)

I hope you don't come across too many of those whilst geocaching. :laughing: