Pcc '06!

The Herd

Well, it's that time of year again. The first year was such a success that we are doing it AGAIN! (what am I thinking!?!) The 2nd Annual Pokagon Cacher's Campout is scheduled for September 22nd - 24th! You can visit the page here: PCC '06 or by searching: GCV9PZ. Cachers from everywhere are welcome, and if you aren't into "camping" you can day trip it that Saturday, as that is when most of the events are taking place! We hope to see last years attendees, as well as MANY new faces! Keep your eye out for the new PCC t-shirt, that will hopefully go on sale this week!

Well, the PCC is ALMOST HERE!!! Still have time to get those t-shirt orders in if you want them. I got mine today, and I do have to say, they look pretty good! Have several new sponsors onboard this year, and Pilot Travel Center was nice enough to donate a $50.00 Pilot Everything Card. So, I figured this would make a perfect prize for the winner of the closest to the pin contest! Looking forward to seeing everyone!!! Check on the event page, it has gotten a LOT of updates. I believe the link is provided in the first post on this thread!

So I can either spend my winnings on an almost full tank of gas or about 25 corn dogs, right?

Hmmmmmm...tough decision!

Looking forward to the trip! Can't wait to see everyone there.

I'm at campsite...ummmm....uhhhh....

I don't remember...just look for the Durango...that's me.

Bret

I'm at site 252. Feel free to drop by and bring some cold beer as this site will be an alcohol friendly site with a nice roaring fire and lots of fun conversation. And if you ask nicely, I may even cook up a campfire pie for you!!

Hmm...Elwood + alcohol + campfire = ???

I think this has spelled disaster for you in the past...lol!

Glad to see you can make it. Now I have to come up with a new idea to torture you at your campsite. This could be fun!

I'm at site 252. Feel free to drop by and bring some cold beer as this site will be an alcohol friendly site with a nice roaring fire and lots of fun conversation. And if you ask nicely, I may even cook up a campfire pie for you!!

Hmm...Elwood + alcohol + campfire = ???

I think this has spelled disaster for you in the past...lol!

Glad to see you can make it. Now I have to come up with a new idea to torture you at your campsite. This could be fun!

Disastser??? What happened last time?

Maybe if I didn't drink that much I would remember.........

But where's the fun in that????

:D

So I can either spend my winnings on an almost full tank of gas or about 25 corn dogs, right?

Hmmmmmm...tough decision!

Looking forward to the trip! Can't wait to see everyone there.

I'm at campsite...ummmm....uhhhh....

I don't remember...just look for the Durango...that's me.

Bret

Or, an awful lot of cups of that Pilot coffee you love so much!!!

Hey, we have your hyperlink on the event page, does that mean we can talk you into bringing a geocacher-u coin with you to the PCC for a raffle prize in addition to the other things we talked about???

:laughing:

Hey, we have your hyperlink on the event page, does that mean we can talk you into bringing a geocacher-u coin with you to the PCC for a raffle prize in addition to the other things we talked about???

:anibad:

Sheesh...women! Give them a t-shirt and they'll take a coin too!

I think I can round up a few...though there aren't many left (hint hint hint) :D

Will there be Pilot coffee on tap for Saturday morning?!?!?!?!

I want the Columbian, pleeeze....black n' bitter.

Bret

:D

Sheesh...women! Give them a t-shirt and they'll take a coin too!

I think I can round up a few...though there aren't many left (hint hint hint) :D

Will there be Pilot coffee on tap for Saturday morning?!?!?!?!

I want the Columbian, pleeeze....black n' bitter.

Bret

Ohhh...the Columbian is my favorite brew! Speaking of coffee on tap, Pilot mentioned trying to get together a flyer or something for the event, and if you take it in on the day of the event, you could get a free coffee or fountain pop or something. I thought that would work well, since so many people will be out and about doing caches in the area. However, with their remodel going on, I'm not sure how that will work out. Will keep you posted Bret, I know how important that coffee is to you. :anibad:

Edited by The Herd

Ohhh...the Columbian is my favorite brew! Speaking of coffee on tap, Pilot mentioned trying to get together a flyer or something for the event, and if you take it in on the day of the event, you could get a free coffee or fountain pop or something. I thought that would work well, since so many people will be out and about doing caches in the area. However, with their remodel going on, I'm not sure how that will work out. Will keep you posted Bret, I know how important that coffee is to you. :)

Just point me to the nearest Pilot on my way out of town...I'll fill up on coffee...maybe even talk to the management about replacing some of the staff. ;)

Just dropped some bugs and coins and checked my campsite. I'm at 248. You kids stay off my lawn!

Bret

With less than a week till the event, my truck decides to give me engine problems!

Don't blame me, I only worked in Chassis Group, not engine line. :blink:

Hope you can make it.

Yea... That's right... YOU made this thing!

JK... :laughing:

I blame the DNR for putting out all those caches. (JK again)

I put on 530 miles yesterday doing the Parks and now my engine is going!

Looks like a couple of us are gonna make it... myself and the oldest daughter(16) who didn't get to make it to the fall picnic so this will be her first event!

Still trying to arrange a ride from the Truck Stop on Friday early afternoon and then return on Saturday evening. Unless of course pokagon has a spot for a tractor to park and camp?

CRN,

What truck stop are you pulling into???

Leaving bright and early tomorrow to get there. If all goes well I should be rolling in about mid afternoon.

I'm looking forward to a nice quiet weekend. From what I HERD today it sounds like that's what it'll be. B)

Bret

You better bring your slicker. B)

I made it home in a little over 6 hours. In no particular order:

1 stop for gas at $2.05

2 stops for coffee

2 stops to download email

1 stop for just one more cache on the way.

Thanks to The Herd, Paws, Rock and Stone and the others for putting this together and welcoming a guy from IlliNOISE. I had a blast! Rain and all!

Bedtime! Glad I'm not sleeping in a tent tonight!

Bret

IT WAS A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was SOOOOOO glad I got to get out and go caching with some attendees....and still had time to socialize! And, Bret...you are always welcome here...everyone is! We were very honored you could make it!

THF.....next year is already being planned.....because I am gonna make DARN SURE that the reservations are right!

Just remember the growing trend here:

PCC #1 - VERY cold!!!

PCC #2 - VERY wet due to rain!!

Prediction for PCC #3 - FOREST FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HeHe.

It was a lot of fun and I think that we are one of the few tent campers that stayed dry due to Lord Padishar's tarp shelter that he built. But in spite of the rain, it was a wonderful trip with TONS of food (and beer) and great Geocaching friends!!!

This was my second PCC and again it was a first class event. I am looking forward to attending a third next year. Thanks for all of your hard work!

Bret - orange might just be your color.

I didn't mind the goggles, but why couldn't they have given them to me on Friday night?!?!?!

1955d5b2-caf8-4395-81af-ecb8b16e19c2.jpg

Definitely needed something to protect me that night.

(from the rain...not from the herd) :mad:

Bret