60cs Firmware Update ?

I lost mine and now when I load new ones in - within 3 times of turning it on I start getting fatal errors. I turn it on and then the screen fades out and it shuts off. It keeps doing it until I do a master reset (Power + page + enter). Then it works fine. I loaded a few caches by "marking" and it worked ok but I really do not want to load 800 caches that way!!

I have probably done 4 upgrades since getting the 60CS and never had it wipe out caches or maps.

As to loading multiple caches or waypoints, I use GSAK, so that is not an issue. In the past there have been a couple posts regarding some issues with firmware upgrades (none I know of on this last one) however (knock on wood) I never experienced any of those. I generally have about 970 to 980 caches loaded at any given moment.

Fireguy, I'd suggest reloading your firmware. Go to the page for your unit, and on the sidebar there's an upgrades link. Follow it and download the new firmware, and then install it. I think I read in another thread that worked for someone else having similar problems.

As a cautionary note, though, if you've been keeping, as I have, copies of the old firmwares, DOWNgrading WILL zap everything.

Fireguy, I'd suggest reloading your firmware. Go to the page for your unit, and on the sidebar there's an upgrades link. Follow it and download the new firmware, and then install it. I think I read in another thread that worked for someone else having similar problems.

As a cautionary note, though, if you've been keeping, as I have, copies of the old firmwares, DOWNgrading WILL zap everything.

I used the web updater and reloaded but had the same problems. I tried downloading the firmware update seperate (outside the web updater) and can't open it with my computer- get an invalid something win32 error.

I've never lost any maps or settings updating firmwares on a csx version.

I have custom stuff saved in mapsource anyway for quick replacement. I think I would still have to redo my custom screens and such.

Good Luck...let us know if new firmware improves any issues.

Hey if I update the firmware will I lose the maps and waypoints in my 60cs? I'm gussing no but I want to make sure before I do it.