Attitudes

I think it would be nice if some of the folks that work directly with geocaching, such as publishers and site owners, would stop and think that we are all simply trying to have fun. Some seem to think the geocaching world belongs to them and if you don't do it just the way they think it should be done then they give you a hard time. None us are making any money doing this, that I know of, and we are all trying to have fun, get some exercise and see some interesting places. Some are smarter than others and some are not a as smart as they may think they are.

Let's just have fun.

Kcsegull

One of our local cachers has found a way to make some money while caching. Go look at GCTXXH and read the March 25th post by Darkmoon. Muggles passing by took him for a homeless person and walked up and gave him $2. Personally it inspired me to make a sign that says "Will cache for food" and see if that works.

I think it would be nice if some of the folks that work directly with geocaching, such as publishers and site owners, would stop and think that we are all simply trying to have fun. Some seem to think the geocaching world belongs to them and if you don't do it just the way they think it should be done then they give you a hard time. None us are making any money doing this, that I know of, and we are all trying to have fun, get some exercise and see some interesting places. Some are smarter than others and some are not a as smart as they may think they are. ...

Agreed.

Personally it inspired me to make a sign that says "Will cache for food" and see if that works.

And just how would that work? I drive out of Wal-mart and see your sign. You jump in the car and we grab a few caches that you just happen to have downloaded and then I get you a hamburger? It just might work.

You know, I keep trying to compose a suitable flame to put in this thread, and the OP keeps cracking me up.

If I may paraphrase the topic, it is: "you have attitude problems, you don't own this sport and you aren't as smart as you think you are. So have fun, dammit!"

I don't have it in my heart to argue. Good luck to you, ma'am.

I think it would be nice if some of the folks that work directly with geocaching, such as publishers and site owners, would stop and think that we are all simply trying to have fun. Some seem to think the geocaching world belongs to them and if you don't do it just the way they think it should be done then they give you a hard time.

I dont think I have ever heard of the folks at Groundspeak ever giving geocachers a hard time.

Its usually in the forums where you are given a hard time.

I think it would be nice if some of the folks that work directly with geocaching, such as publishers and site owners, would stop and think that we are all simply trying to have fun. Some seem to think the geocaching world belongs to them and if you don't do it just the way they think it should be done then they give you a hard time. None us are making any money doing this, that I know of, and we are all trying to have fun, get some exercise and see some interesting places. Some are smarter than others and some are not a as smart as they may think they are.

Let's just have fun.

Kcsegull

AMEN!