I Bought An Untrackable Geocoin....

woody_k

my bad....it has a 6 digit number on it and I was wondering if it is possible to purchase an activation code in order to be able to register it on GC.com.

I thought I would ask here before contacting GC.com.

Ken

Just wondering what coin is it? (who else uses 6 digit numbers?)

It's the yellow "official log book" "TNLNSL" geocoin.

It has a space on the back where the 6 digit code is just like on other geocoins. Probably why I thought it was trackable. The first three figures are letters and the last three are numbers.

I don't see why it would be so hard for GC.com. They have to upload new numbers everyday..at least once a month. The activation codes are just random.

I don't want to send it out....I keep all the coins I buy but I do activate them.

These were done by The Caching Place, and no, they are not trackable.

For whatever reason, TCP chose not to go that route.

As fas as buying numbers is concerned, GS won't seel you just one number.

About the only way to buy a signal tracking number is to buy a TB dog tag and attach it to the coin, this way the coin would be trackable.

There are a couple of ways to do this. In either case you have to get the coin engraved.

First as Blind Acorn pointed out. Buy a Travel Bug and use that number.

Second, but a single number from a group or person that has extras and use that number.

In both cases you will have to live with the Icon the number comes with.

There is a third way, but buying the minimum number of coin numbers and selling 499 or so extras is the expensive way.

A fourth way. Buy another coin. Retire it, and engrave that number on your coin. It's cheezy but if the coin hasn't been activated it wouldn't be so bad. You still get stuck with the Icon from the original coin.