What Your Filthiest/smelliest Geocache Adventure?

Yuck! Well, that *stinks!* :)

We found a defunct letterbox near a cache, and when we opened it, the inkpad had exploded and WHOA...the smell! It was if something died in there. I got the ink all over myself, and the smell would not come off! GAG HACK CHOKE

Wasn't as bad when we stepped into a heaping pile of horse dung on another trail...

I went to place a cache on a small island about 10 feet from the edge of a pond. The water was only 6 inches deep but the mud/guano underneath came up to my waist when I stepped in. Always check mud depth with a stick first :)

:D Right, I guess I was barely dirty then. You didn't still plant the cache did you?

I went to place a cache on a small island about 10 feet from the edge of a pond. The water was only 6 inches deep but the mud/guano underneath came up to my waist when I stepped in. Always check mud depth with a stick first :)

:D Right, I guess I was barely dirty then. You didn't still plant the cache did you?

If you have a strong stomach, read this log here.

A local cacher slipped and fell into a pile of human waste...NASTY!

Oh Im so glad we are finicky about our caches. The nastiest one I saw was a cache where there were used condoms at the entrance to the trail. Once we saw those, we didnt even get out of the truck.

The smelliest "cache" was actually benchmark hunting. A low road past a dairy the day after a rain. All of the muck from the dairy was in the road. And it was hot, so the smell was pungent.

Maybe this is a place to ask advice on mucky caches.

In Bangkok due to muggling and high building canyons there are few places

to place good traditional caches. In my quest I spent a long time in one of the few tiny "lungs"

The only place I could find which was sufficiently secluded was obviously the place for assignations for those who could not afford a "hotel by the hour"

I placed the cache, but have not asked for approval due to my misgivings. Comments/advice please.

Edited by gerboa

I had an interesting one today. Nothing quite as bad as what's mentioned here, but quite smelly at one point.

I was on the hunt for ehcaC sdrawkcaB

I wasn't out of the car for very long approaching the creek when I smelled a distinct smell from my childhood fishing days. Has anyone ever heard of Catfish Charlie Blood Bait? That's the smell that I smelled, but I never imagined it could happen naturally. ;)

Luckily the smell didn't last for long, since I didn't hunt down the source. :)

I also have a poo cache story.... here is my log from last year for GCPB2F.

"What to say about my time here? Had a nice walk in with THE RETRIEVERS. Saw a few deer in the field. Found the cache without too much trouble. TNLNSL. We walked out by the creek. Then the... hit the fan, or I guess me. Decided to climb down in one of the cool round holes along the creek. The one with a hole going out toward the creek, so you could climb all the way though it. On my way out of the hole, I discovered that someone had decided to use it as their own personal bathroom. So basically I end up with #2 on me. Had to go shirtless for the next hour. Not a good way to end my day. So if you go here don't go climbing in any holes along the creek. But on the bright side, I have a very interesting and smelly story to tell. But all in all, this was a very nice spot. Thanks for a true caching experience. - Avalance - "

That is all I have to say about that!