Mileage

heligator

I've noticed that my travel bugs are not displaying the distance travelled for the last month or so. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a new "feature" that I'm not aware of? I tried the 'recalculate distance' button and that did not do anything.

Edited by heligator

I've noticed that my travel bugs are not displaying the distance travelled for the last month or so. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a new "feature" that I'm not aware of? I tried the 'recalculate distance' button and that did not do anything.

Good and bad.. Good I am not alone with this problem, and bad I have no idea why. I started a geocoin out as a personal coin this weekend and it's mileage after about a 100 mile trip is still officially zero. <_<

Calculating mileage automatically hasn't been available for some time now. However, using the recalculate feature still works on my coins and bugs.

Yep, but that may still take overnight to update. At least usually not right away.

4 days and counting......

I did a search and found this (aren't you all glad I didn't just ask the same question without checking?) subject - I just was a recipient of a Green Jeep, and wanted it to have moved through all the caches I found that day...including our Dry Creek group's event. I dipped it, and then sent it out into the world for someone else to take it on a journey, but it hasn't shown ANY miles yet. I did the same thing with a coin I want to track my own miles with, hit the recalculate, and nothing is happening! I would hate to think it won't show miles just because it is mine and I am doing the miles...

What is happening? (or not?)

Once you hit the recalculate button, it takes a few hours for the numbers to show up as the page is generally cached (stored in memory) and won't rebuild until the cache times out and it rebuilds the page again.

-Raine

Ctrl + Shift + R should accelerate the process by forcing a page rebuild.