The All New Groundspeak Uk Pub Quiz!

Don't get me wrong, I am no physisist (sp?) this is somthing I have learnt about through work.....see profile.

Wo Wo a clue, but still not getting me past the bar tricks and Area 51 notions. However I have noticed a strange similarity. Separated at birth:

c780b39a-94fb-4b07-9c46-6c06d1a471fc.jpg Charlotte Hudson comforting Dr Bunhead

cast4_big.jpg Fiona comforting a large yellow doll

<_<:unsure:;)

Not sure who to DING!

Yes you both have it. The example I was thinking of is the way the sink plug 'bounces' off the stream of water from the tap as it dangles alongside while you clean your teeth, although we all now turn the tap off while scrubbing.

We use the coanda effect as a method of supporting ventilation in premeture and brain damaged babies at work but that gets even more complex.

You now have the entirity of my physics knowledge contained on one topic!

Glad you had a sleepless night J &BF, I did too but thats coz that baby has forgotten how to sleep properly!

Here's one courtesy of Boba - so try asking your 11 year old for some help answering it.

How many Forms of Lightsabre Combat are there?

<_< - I am meant to add some other stuff but I don't understand what it means; something to do with combat forms. I'd better post this before I'm swiped around the head by plastic Lightsaber (again). :unsure:

Woke him up specially, he perked up when he knew why but he's grumpy as hell this morning :-)

It's kind of like revenge, he's been waking me up in the middle of the night on & off for 7 years.

Anyway, question - Is oxygen flammable?

EDIT to add - he's not talking right now, but if I did let him set a question you'd definately end up with an obscure question from Star Wars like having to give the middle name of one of the monsters in the bar in episode 4 (Episode 1 to you and me) or answer an equally obscure question about Yu-Gi-Oh.

Further EDIT - he's got wind of what is happening, give me a moment, we'll have a Star Wars Question ignore Q1

Further Further EDIT - after a good aborted question with the answer being Jango Fett (Doh) we have moved on to this one - How do Chewbacca, Han & Leia arrive in the Ewok village

Edited by Kitty Hawk

Ah well at least I managed to spell Ankylosaurus. Here's a variation on an ever popular pub quiz question:

How many lochs are there in England? scots.gif

- NB to all spelling fiends. The standardisation of Irish & Scottish Gaelic spelling means that English place names with Gaelic elements may not reflect current usage/spelling. :sad:

Anything with Lough count?

What you mean like Loughborough and Loughton :) , nope it has to be an actual wet watery lough/loch. I'll accept ±1 if you can name another example of an English Loch - you could always try phoning a friend in Northumberland, Cumberland or Westmoreland. B)

{normally the question is how many Lakes are there in Scotland to which the answer is 1 = Lake of Menteith - there are some other but they are man made, and one the Altrieve Lake which is actually a river}

Still waiting, so just to keep your brain cells working:

1. Halleypike Loch, Hadrain's wall, Northumberland
  2. Loughrigg Tarn, Lake District, Cumbria
  3. Monkfield Lough, Hadrian's Wall, Cumbria - more of a bog really
  4. The Lough, Lindisfarne
  5. Thorngill Lough, near Alston, Cumbria
  6. Thurstonfield Lough , near Carlise, Cumbria
  7. .......

name another English Lough and if you're close enough on the number it's all yours. :o

On Haughton Common, near Hadrian's Wall

Broomlee Lough

Crag Lough

Greenlee Lough

Grindon Lough

Halleypike Lough

Elsewhere in Northumberland

Black Lough

Blackaburn Lough

Blaxter Lough

Coldmartin Lough

Darden Lough

Harbottle Lough

Kimmer Lough

Little Lough

Sweethope Lough

Whitfield Lough

The Lough, on Lindisfarne

In the Lake District and Cumbria

Loughrigg Tarn, and the hill Loughrigg Fell, possibly named after it.

Elsewhere Cumbria

Monkfield Lough

Thorngill-Lough, North Pennines

Thurstonfield Lough

On Haughton Common, near Hadrian's Wall

Broomlee Lough

Crag Lough

Greenlee Lough

Seems like an opertunity for someone to win this round within the rules, all you need to do is post the answer. :laughing:

23, didn't use Google. Coincidentally this was being discussed earlier today on a forum which I was reading :-)

23, didn't use Google. Coincidentally this was being discussed earlier today on a forum which I was reading :-)

Nice one MartyBartfast DING! and over to you.

LOL :laughing:

This should send a few people scurrying off to the loft :

Name all of the characters ([edit] Including the victim), murder weapons, and rooms in the game "Cluedo"

Edited by MartyBartfast

OK...from memory

Professor plum, colonel mustard, miss scarlet, mrs white, mrs peacock (could be miss, can't remember) rev green

lead pipe, rope, candle stick, gun, spanner, knife

library and study, conservatoy, ballroom, kitchen, hall, billiard room, lounge

it was my favourite game to play with my dad. we played it once and he forgotten to put a person in the envelope so it took ages

OK...from memory

Professor plum, colonel mustard, miss scarlet, mrs white, mrs peacock (could be miss, can't remember) rev green

lead pipe, rope, candle stick, gun, spanner, knife

library and study, conservatoy, ballroom, kitchen, hall, billiard room, lounge

it was my favourite game to play with my dad. we played it once and he forgotten to put a person in the envelope so it took ages

Almost but you're missing one character (the victim) and one room.

Dr Black - The Dining Room :laughing:

(I've just fished our copy from the top of the wardrobe!)

Now - in a vain attempt to keep the question within the realms of a real pub quiz (again!) :anitongue:

According to legend, who "untied" the Gordian Knot? :anitongue:

Edited by The Golem