Personal Geocoin List

MetroGT

Recently I've decided with all the geocoins out there, that I'm mainly going to collect personal coins. Because when it all comes down to it, if I ever meet the person behind the coin, it will be worth more to me than any other "pretty" coin. Also, with all the streaching for art and designs to make a geocoin, I'd rather head toward the original meaning of the coin, a way to show who was there. It's hard to argue that a personal coin doesn't reflect geocaching, because it's about the cacher.

So....

Is there a list of personal geocoins out there? (Trackable and Non-Trackable)

Also, I'm currently running low on trade stock, but if you have one you want to trade, keep an eye open in the trade thread for my current in hand/coming in coins. I'm working on listing my current coins.

Thanx,

MetroGT

I think this is a great topic. The other topic is more along the lines of who doesn't sell their personal coin, whereas a list of personal coins would be interesting.

The only problem with making a personal coin topic is that if it has nothing to do with a trade and it is NOT trackable, it get's pulled :( . So...I guess I can add that our family has a personal coin that should be coming out at the end of June, it's not trackable but VERY tradeable. It's in our profile :(

The list actually has to do with coin trading... I need a list so I can see what I have and what to trade for and/or buy if possible.

It would just be nice, since some personal coins are easier to destinguish than others.

I just didn't know if there was a site that someone has already set up or even a list. I wasn't expecting everyone to log the thread to say "I have a personal coin", I just want a complete as possible list.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanx,

MetroGT

Edited by MetroGT

Well I wouldn't call it a list per se, but if you go to that coin tracking site and look at one of the more prevelant coin collectors you're sure to find quite a few personal coins complete with pictures in most cases. That's what I've been doing to come up with our "want/seeking" list. I looked at Atlanta Gals because she seems to be on top of the coin collecting! (hope she doesn't mind!)

How about we just post here what we know:

I have a personal coin and it is trackable (I think we emailed already)

I know of the following:

Lehigh Mafia

Team PEZ

Team LegGoes

Team SandDollar Buffalo Wings

Brawny Bear

IceCreamMan

Fotomom

Sunshine Gang

PrairePartners

Scratch-and-Win

TMOCM

Bad Andy

Team Desert Eagle

Aerohound

Fraher Family

Dorkfish

nielsenc (variety of PC#d coins)

Loggerhead

JungleGarmin

Anthus FF & Decoder

Balla and SIlly

Parents of SAM

Caught Red Handed

DarrylW4&Firefly03

Team Thorny

Triple Wisdom

Psychochicken

Blue Canary

Team Myth

Team Badger

Hope that helps.... Most I've listed are trackable with specific icons.

Aerohound

Anthus FF & Decoder

Atlanta Gal

Bad Andy

Balla and SIlly

Bikinibottomfeeders

Blue Canary

Brawny Bear

Caught Red Handed

Cav Scout

Cruiserdude

Cyclops and Son

DancesWithMoose

DarrylW4&Firefly03

Dliming

Dorkfish

FlyinV

Fotomom

Fraher Family

GBOTS

Go Jaybee (Jaybee/Litlens & Go-Mad-Cow)

IceCreamMan

Indy Diver

JungleGarmin

Ladybug Kids

Lehigh Mafia

Lemon Fresh Geobone (Lemon Fresh Dog)

Loggerhead

Mauison

Moun10Bike

nielsenc (variety of PC#d coins)

Outdoorfamily coin (Outdoorlady79)

Parents of SAM

pdxmarathonman

Pepper

PrairePartners

Psychochicken

Rupert2

Scratch-and-Win

Serial Finders

Sunshine Gang

Team Badger

Team Desert Eagle

Team LegGoes

Team Myth

Team PEZ

Team SandDollar Buffalo Wings

Team Thorny

TMOCM

Triple Wisdom

And on and on and on... that's why I didn't want to do it manually... I'd be here all night at this pace.

That would be great. As a suggestion... how about listing the cachers name which is linked to their profile page and then the coin(s) they have. That way we have their location and a why to contact them for a possible trade.

Wow, I have tried over the last week to be able to put this list together, but with a 7 month old by the time I finish another 100 coins will be out. :lol: I don't think this is gonna work out. Maybe someone without diapers and bottles??? :laughing:

There are other lists out there, like the total minted number of coins list. I've wondered if adding additional columns to their list to include a Trade only or sold info. There is a database program floating around. (the link can be found on my webpage.) I think it includes that information, but I think you have to buy the program in order to have access to the data.

Another option is a free MS Access database that's floating around. I know there is a thread about it, but I'm not sure where or how up-to-date the database is. I'm sure someone will link to it, now that I've mentioned it.