Montreal, Ottawa And Toronto! Anyone?

WeatherednBoston

I'm on my way up to Canada this morning and decided to check into a few Caches..OMG they are all in French! lol I can't read french.

I was wondering if any local cachers would like to go geocaching over the next 4 days. I'm heading up to Canada to see the band INXS play in all three cities. Here is my schedule:

11th~ Montreal

12th~Ottawa

13-14th~Toronto

I hope to find alot during the day as I notice there are tons of them around my Hotels but would like to find some in the woods and not just the city!

Can anyone recommend any good ones? I like the ones that bring me into the woods..I dont mind travelling for a real pretty spot!

Thanks!

thatsmyboy.jpg

In Toronto, go to the ferry docks at the foot of Yonge Street, and go across to the Islands. There are seven caches out there. Take either the Ward's Island ferry, or the one to Hanlan's point. Then you can work your way from one end to the other.

Other places that are probably good, but that I haven't personally been to yet include the Don Valley, the Humber River, and any ravine area (you'll have to check a map to find the ravines).

Here's one example in the Don Valley: GCHYW5

This example is on the Humber: GCPHCG

Both of these examples are just starting points. Search from there and you will find more.

This LIST has the Island caches, but there may be more since I haven't updated it for awhile.

All of these are examples of caches in the city, but not in the city. Have fun!

Here's the address for the concert in Ottawa:

Scotiabank Place

1000 Palladium Dr.

Kanata, Ontario

K2V 1A5

CANADA

Scotiabank Place is in the suburbs of Ottawa, and there's lots of green space nearby. Between the postal coda and a satellite look up on a few maps and you'll find lots in the bush! Some examples nearby include:

Ruined? by The Burrow (GCR7PA)

Many a Stump! by Breezeman (GCM7EF)

Wish List! by spunsister (GCHFDH)

GAG7 Aragog's Lair by fireflyfan (GCQX6V)

Snowshoe Run by Griffindog (GCHN7Y)

GAG7 - Morgan's Stop by The Burrow (GCQTZ0)

Geeks Only by stone_soup and Roswell.fr (GCG7TE)

Rideau - Lime Kiln by WannerClan (GC86DA)

BTW, most Ottawa area caches will be in English or bilingual. Enjoy your visit. It’s a great city.

You can also check out the caches in High park in Toronto do a search around GCVJG3 there is 6 of 7 around there. It is a nice mix of forest trails and paved paths.

for a real adventure you could try this multi GCRDC1 . There is also about 10 or so caches along the route.