It's Time To Get Wet!

Patudles

Page is up! Please log your intent on the event page. Ambrosia is going to be event photographer. I am willing to have t-shirts made for the event if you all want to buy them. I need a commentment from you as I will only order the amount of those who want them. I also need your size. I will be checking on prices tomorrow.

Linky

T-shirts sound kewl. If everyone else wants to count me in.

Edited by Recdiver

Darn! It doesn't look like I'll make it after all. I had a nice Hydro-Phaser already to go...

Double darn, we just donated acouple hundred dollars worth of super soakers that the kids outgrew. I wish I would have thought of this event. I can just imagine the effect of early June river water on the targets. :mad: That's not a blush! Brrrr

Darn! It doesn't look like I'll make it after all. I had a nice Hydro-Phaser already to go...

Double darn, we just donated acouple hundred dollars worth of super soakers that the kids outgrew. I wish I would have thought of this event. I can just imagine the effect of early June river water on the targets. :) That's not a blush! Brrrr

You should see the affect of February river water on targets! Of course, it would make little difference to me as I'd be in my wet suit and could easily get under the raft for protection.

BTW, a Hydro-Phaser will beat any super soaker I've seen - better range and larger stream - can you say "1 quart per shot at 50 feet"?

Double darn, we just donated acouple hundred dollars worth of super soakers that the kids outgrew. I wish I would have thought of this event. I can just imagine the effect of early June river water on the targets. :blink: That's not a blush! Brrrr

You should see the affect of February river water on targets! Of course, it would make little difference to me as I'd be in my wet suit and could easily get under the raft for protection.

BTW, a Hydro-Phaser will beat any super soaker I've seen - better range and larger stream - can you say "1 quart per shot at 50 feet"?

I bet you can rent the Hydro-Phaser to the highest bidder :)

Double darn, we just donated acouple hundred dollars worth of super soakers that the kids outgrew. I wish I would have thought of this event. I can just imagine the effect of early June river water on the targets. :) That's not a blush! Brrrr

I bet you can rent the Hydro-Phaser to the highest bidder :blink:

Hmmm... I've already had one inquiry. Haven't set a price yet...

And what about clothing for this little adventure?

I know there will be some wet suits and booties available.... I doubt any will fit me :)

I ordered some water shoes today, but am wondering if I should have gotten booties instead. Looking around I've found this wetsuit. However 2/3mm seems a bit thin to me for the cold water of the Wenatchee!

I know there will be some wet suits and booties available.... I doubt any will fit me :)

I ordered some water shoes today, but am wondering if I should have gotten booties instead. Looking around I've found this wetsuit. However 2/3mm seems a bit thin to me for the cold water of the Wenatchee!

We should be good with wetsuits. Booties are preferable if they have good soles. But if you don't mind cold feet, I've gone with just my tevas.

I know there will be some wet suits and booties available.... I doubt any will fit me :D

Look at the survivors' pic.... you'll see what i wore and nothing more or less. I do intend to have on shorts this time though, and perhaps they'll be a bit more durable. :) I was unknowingly well ventilated at trip's end... which explained the teenage girl tittering on the way to the car. :smile:

Edited by TotemLake

I know there will be some wet suits and booties available.... I doubt any will fit me :unsure:

Look at the survivors' pic.... you'll see what i wore and nothing more or less. I do intend to have on shorts this time though, and perhaps they'll be a bit more durable. :o I was unknowinglyh well ventilated at trip's end... which explained the teenage girl tittering on the way to the car. :anicute:

I KNEW I liked your daughter... :anicute:

There will be a BBQ event right after the river rafting. Check back to see when it's posted so you know what to bring for the pot luck. You can leave your dish, keys, kids, money or computers with me when you drop off your car. The BBQ will be at the take out spot.

Questions?

I know there will be some wet suits and booties available.... I doubt any will fit me :anicute:

Look at the survivors' pic.... you'll see what i wore and nothing more or less. I do intend to have on shorts this time though, and perhaps they'll be a bit more durable. :o I was unknowinglyh well ventilated at trip's end... which explained the teenage girl tittering on the way to the car. :anicute:

I KNEW I liked your daughter... :unsure:

Jeans and cotton are not the best fabrics as they hold the water and you stay wet longer. The t-shirts we are ordering are 50/50 cotton polyester so they dry much faster. If you have shorts or pants with poly in them you will dry out faster and stay warmer.

I know there will be some wet suits and booties available.... I doubt any will fit me :(

Look at the survivors' pic.... you'll see what i wore and nothing more or less. I do intend to have on shorts this time though, and perhaps they'll be a bit more durable. :rolleyes: I was unknowinglyh well ventilated at trip's end... which explained the teenage girl tittering on the way to the car. :o

I KNEW I liked your daughter... :laughing:

Jeans and cotton are not the best fabrics as they hold the water and you stay wet longer. The t-shirts we are ordering are 50/50 cotton polyester so they dry much faster. If you have shorts or pants with poly in them you will dry out faster and stay warmer.

Agreed. I was fortunate. The weather was good and hot that day. It was nice and cool staying wet. :o

=-=-dang glide mouse-=-=

Edited by TotemLake

I know there will be some wet suits and booties available.... I doubt any will fit me :cry:

Hmm I have a suit like that that I used while diving in Cozumel. However I think it may have shrunk a bit.

I may still have a pair of the wet suit booties around somewhere.

However I think it may have shrunk a bit.

Are you sure it's the suit that's to blame? :cry:

RWW, 2/3mm is good for about 6 hours total immersion in 45 degree water. You'll be in a raft (most of the time) getting splashed.

With the river as fast as it is, I am expecting the rafters to be back before the BBQ event starts. So those that are going that are not floating should be there early.

Also, if you have one of those "easy up" shade tents, feel free to loan it to me... :rolleyes:

Robin

I'm assuming that the easy up tent is for shelter from the rain. I just spent most of the Memorial Day weekend on the "dry" side and got rained on every day including my brief foray into the Wenatchee area. The Saturday hail storm in Cheney was more ice than I have seen in a long time. I was so happy that my station was under one of those "shade" tents.

By the way, I did see some people rafting the river and there are some big holes out there. Y'all be careful now.

Now that I brutalized my lower body, I'm ready to abuse the upper body. :rolleyes:

In case anybody is wondering, my wife and daughter just played the "Putt Putt" course at Desert Canyon and the price was dropped to $9 per person. You do have to go to the main club house to pay though. The clubhouse and restaurant near the mini course is closed.

I'm assuming that the easy up tent is for shelter from the rain. I just spent most of the Memorial Day weekend on the "dry" side and got rained on every day including my brief foray into the Wenatchee area. The Saturday hail storm in Cheney was more ice than I have seen in a long time. I was so happy that my station was under one of those "shade" tents.

By the way, I did see some people rafting the river and there are some big holes out there. Y'all be careful now.

I agree. We were over by Clarkston the weekend before (Grande Ronde Rondezvous) and got hammered with rain. As we passed thru Clarkston water was 12-18 inches deep on the roads. We used our easy up shelter and collected about 2 gallons over night (picture on the event page). Maybe you guys should be planning on riding under the rafts to stay out of the rain! :P:rolleyes:

Now that I brutalized my lower body, I'm ready to abuse the upper body. :rolleyes:

In case anybody is wondering, my wife and daughter just played the "Putt Putt" course at Desert Canyon and the price was dropped to $9 per person. You do have to go to the main club house to pay though. The clubhouse and restaurant near the mini course is closed.

It's actually not a 'putt putt' course in the strict sense of the type (windmills, clown faces, etc.). It's actually a true Putting course (18 holes, par 2-4 each). I've played it and it's quite fun! Looks like I'll be beinging my putter too... :P

I agree. We were over by Clarkston the weekend before (Grande Ronde Rondezvous) and got hammered with rain. As we passed thru Clarkston water was 12-18 inches deep on the roads. We used our easy up shelter and collected about 2 gallons over night (picture on the event page). Maybe you guys should be planning on riding under the rafts to stay out of the rain! :(:(

Oooops, I am not Ambrosia.

We did have a fair amount of rain this past week off and on. That should do us for the rest of the year now with only an occasional shower. The weather man predicts it in the 70's through Friday with a little cooling down on the weekend. So it doesn't look like hot weather but should be very pleasant. There will be a large canopy covering for those who want to get out of the sun and/or rain.

BBQ is the same place as the meeting spot of the rafting event, Riverside Park in Cashmere.

I swung by it today to check out what will be needed for the event and can see that people may want to bring folding chairs or something on which to place their back ends. We have secured a tent, a grill, and a few newly placed caches. For those of you coming over the night before, perhaps a meeting at the Wok About Grill for some Mongolian food?

Robin

BBQ is the same place as the meeting spot of the rafting event, Riverside Park in Cashmere.

I swung by it today to check out what will be needed for the event and can see that people may want to bring folding chairs or something on which to place their back ends. We have secured a tent, a grill, and a few newly placed caches. For those of you coming over the night before, perhaps a meeting at the Wok About Grill for some Mongolian food?

Robin

Coordinates and time please? <_<

Robin

Oh puleze, stop batting your eyes at me, I'm already married and we don't live in Utah! I'll redo the Linky thing for the guys who cannot scroll up ... :lol:

That is unless you are talking about the Wok on Saturday night? Then the answer to that is I hadn't thought that far (no comments). I guess a show of hands so I can make a "reservation"....

Robin

Oh puleze, stop batting your eyes at me, I'm already married and we don't live in Utah! I'll redo the Linky thing for the guys who cannot scroll up ... :lol:

That is unless you are talking about the Wok on Saturday night? Then the answer to that is I hadn't thought that far (no comments). I guess a show of hands so I can make a "reservation"....

Not the link thingy...please see the text from your message that I BOLDED...that is what I was asking about... :D So yes, I was talking about the Wok dinner...

Count me in.

Yeah I figured that after I hit reply :( ...but was too flippin' lazy to go back and edit. I will run by and grab coords since I plan on running through town tomorrow on errands. Curious how many are coming over the night before. You never know, RecDiver is bringing the better 1/2 right? A romantic Saturday night in Wenatchee at the drive-in movie theater? :(

-R-

Yeah I figured that after I hit reply :( ...but was too flippin' lazy to go back and edit. I will run by and grab coords since I plan on running through town tomorrow on errands. Curious how many are coming over the night before. You never know, RecDiver is bringing the better 1/2 right? A romantic Saturday night in Wenatchee at the drive-in movie theater? :(

-R-

Yes, T2A is coming with Rec, but when I asked they said they are coming over very early Sunday morning...unless things have changed.

All41 just did the trip last week and without stopping for caches did it in 2.5 hours. Assuming everyone meets at the proper time (10:00 AM), gets to the put-in by 11:00 and takes 2.5 hours rafting + an hour (or so) for caching/picture posing-taking, I figure you all will wash ashore about 2:30-3:00.

For those of you going on the trip and leaving your children with me, remember, if you don't pick them back up, I will sell them as orchard help and keep the profits. If they can't be sold, I will give them espresso and teach them a few choice words to be repeated ad nauseam on the way home...

Allanon, you are staying with Ambrosia? Hmph, fine. Hey Birdy(s), need a bunk on Saturday night? I also have another room (vacated by my daughter who will be home in 43 days, 3 hours, 13 minutes and 3 seconds) available for anyone else.

LMK

-R-

I'm trying to convince All41 that taking 5 people out to dinner is a wise financial decision. :huh::laughing:

Actually, since you are being so kind as to let me stay at your house, how about you let me take the 4 of you out to dinner as a thank you...

Hoo, boy! We're goin' out on the town! :)

For those of you going on the trip and leaving your children with me, remember, if you don't pick them back up, I will sell them as orchard help and keep the profits. If they can't be sold, I will give them espresso and teach them a few choice words to be repeated ad nauseam on the way home...

No problem there..... I just had to give up the first born for a tank of gas so I can get over there!

All41 just did the trip last week and without stopping for caches did it in 2.5 hours. Assuming everyone meets at the proper time (10:00 AM), gets to the put-in by 11:00 and takes 2.5 hours rafting + an hour (or so) for caching/picture posing-taking, I figure you all will wash ashore about 2:30-3:00.

Allanon, you are staying with Ambrosia? Hmph, fine. Hey Birdy(s), need a bunk on Saturday night? I also have another room (vacated by my daughter who will be home in 43 days, 3 hours, 13 minutes and 3 seconds) available for anyone else.

LMK

-R-

She offered... :):D:huh:

I didn't mean to upset anyone... :D:):)

:laughing::D :D

No problem there..... I just had to give up the first born for a tank of gas so I can get over there!

Where did you get a deal like that? I have a 21 year old daughter I'd trade for gas. :)

Hi Robin,

I am leaving my wife with you. Watcha gonna do if'n I don't pick her back up? :)

Seriously though, are you planning on being at the park the entire time? Watching the future fruit pickers. Just trying to think of something to keep t2a entertained while I'm floating down the river.

Hi Robin,

I am leaving my wife with you. Watcha gonna do if'n I don't pick her back up? :)

Seriously though, are you planning on being at the park the entire time? Watching the future fruit pickers. Just trying to think of something to keep t2a entertained while I'm floating down the river.

I will show her how to get the best divorce lawyer the PNW has to offer. After all, I DO COME FROM SoCal where I've learned a few things... :(

I had planned on staying at the park watching the yard apes and setting up the BBQ. But as far as entertaining your wife... I'm thinking my friends Mike, Jack or Henry may be involved :) . I know Patudles and Ambrosia are planning on taking some photos of the rafts as they "bob" along, she may want to assist in that endeavor if childcare is not her thing.

LMK

-R-

She offered... :):(:mad:

I didn't mean to upset anyone... :):):sad:

:) :) :(

STOP! I can't stand to see a grown man cry. Alright, you can stay with them this time. But I have dibs on your next trip over.

-R-

LMK

-R-

She offered... :):(:mad:

I didn't mean to upset anyone... :):):sad:

:) :) :(

STOP! I can't stand to see a grown man cry. Alright, you can stay with them this time. But I have dibs on your next trip over.

-R-

Sniff, sniff...

OK...

And I have an offer for you too...see you Saturday... :huh:

So, I've run the river now 3 times in the last week :( and I thought I'd post an update for any who might be wondering. The water is excellent right now. The rivers not flooding like it was a week ago. All the caches are ready to go and we should be set. I took a group of high school students down yesterday and we even practiced flipping the raft upside down and floating it down the river sitting on the bottom side of it. This move is reserved for those times that it rains (in case those west siders bring their weather with them :) ) so all you have to do is float in the water underneath the raft so your hair doesn't get wet :) .

Just be prepared to paddle hard if you want to get "dig in". To cross into the cave takes some good paddling strength right now.

See you Sunday

All41