We Lost Our First Traveling Anthus Firefighter

Anthus

We released some Anthus Firefighter coins a couple months ago and we gave some to friends who also released them. One of of the coins was picked up here locally and then attended two events by the same cacher who logged the coin and had many at the events log the coin. One event was in Pittsburgh, PA and the other one was in California. We were excited to see the coin move so far so fast. I sent an email to this cacher to remind him to move it along since he had it awhile. He then emailed and said that his car was broken into and the coin is stolen. I can't help to wonder if this really happened or the cacher is just keeping the coin. I've talked with another cacher who had a similar situation only to find out that the guy was trying to keep his coin. So, I was wondering how many of you have had similar stories.

Thanks...Anthus

I placed one of my coins in a cache in SW Missouri. A cacher logged the find and wrote that he took the coin on the cache page. He never logged the coin. I wrote him a few time asking him to please log the coin even if he was going to keep it. He never responded to any emails. My guess is that he planned on keeping all along.

Edited by ajayhawkfan

I have about 15 coins in the wild right now. Most haven't been out for an extended period of time. This is the only one that has problems

Grand Canyon Hogwild 1

The guy who picked it up has three finds to his name and will not respond to e-mails. I don't understand how someone can do what amounts to stealing, but I won't let myself get to worked up about it either.

I sort of believe if he feels a need to take my coin that bad, I should just let it go. :):)

But are they stealing it, or is it that they just don't care. I got the same response from a geocacher with a TB of mine, and the TB is not collectible it was only a superball. After 6 months (yes that's how long I waited) I asked what was happening and I got this story about his girlfriend leaving and not interested anymore in geocaching blabla, so I sent in my address and said I would even pay for postage, and that was the last I ever heard of him.

Since I live in SW Missouri ajayhawkfan send me a PM on the name of the cacher I will run across them here someday.

I think I know from a previous experience with this person and would really like to talk to them again.

Not to be mean or anything but maybe a word of encouragement would help.

I placed one of my coins in a cache in SW Missouri. A cacher logged the find and wrote that he took the coin on the cache page. He never logged the coin. I wrote him a few time asking him to please log the coin even if he was going to keep it. He never responded to any emails. My guess is that he planned on keeping all along.

Edited by GEO*Trailblazer 1