Dog Geocaching Without It's Owner

I received this email today about one of my caches from a popular dog-walking location. Is this the first dog to go caching on it's own? The cache is here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To whom it may concern

One of my dogs found your box and very kindly brought it to me, of course I have no idea to its exact location so was unable to return it.

I have taken it to my home and am happy to place it at an agreed site so that it can be replaced.

Please do bear in mind that I do walk daily in the Nymph Hay and if the box is at ground level this situation is likely to arise again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received this email today about one of my caches from a popular dog-walking location. Is this the first dog to go caching on it's own? The cache is here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To whom it may concern

One of my dogs found your box and very kindly brought it to me, of course I have no idea to its exact location so was unable to return it.

I have taken it to my home and am happy to place it at an agreed site so that it can be replaced.

Please do bear in mind that I do walk daily in the Nymph Hay and if the box is at ground level this situation is likely to arise again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh this has really made me laugh!

Will you allow the dog to log it as a find?

Our dog likes to find them after we rehide them!!! But shes a cocker spaniel and well known for being as daft as a brush.

Glad that the owner at least let you know what had happened.

I wonder how many more caches have been dog napped <_<;)

Took a little while to find the second box for the next set of co-ordinance then time run out, so we completed the last leg on Sunday. We thought we would make use of our dog Biff to sniff out the final cache. But he’s a Bull-Mastiff and crap as a sniffer dog, still he enjoyed playing with the lads on their trial bikes.

This an excerpt from a log that turned up on one of my caches a while ago. It always make me chuckle when I think of the lads on their trial bikes be played with by a bull mastiff ;)<_<:)

Our dog ran off with a micro container once!

We were on a very steep slope and did not have a cat in hells chance of catching her, thank god she dropped it and we managed to grab it quick....unchewed too.

What a weekend that was, I managed to chuck a cache in a river on the same day too.

When we last checked on one of our caches there was a log entry in it as follows...

"My dog found this whilst out on a walk, I didn't know he was in the game"

So it would seem there is a clique of dogs out there who do cache without their humans knowledge. Geodoggies.com anyone? ;)

Last September I did 'The other wedgewood' cache (GCHTNA) in Staffs. As I approached the cache site a guy with his dog asked if I was looking for the cache.

When I asked him if he was a cacher, he replied No but his dog found it a month before...... :):)

Last September I did 'The other wedgewood' cache (GCHTNA) in Staffs. As I approached the cache site a guy with his dog asked if I was looking for the cache.

When I asked him if he was a cacher, he replied No but his dog found it a month before...... :P:D

Wow - that's impressive when the dog has to find a micro first with the cache co-ordinates :ph34r::)