Downloading Waypoints

Player2

I recently downloaded gsak to manage downloaded waypoints. What I want to do is transfer them to garmin mapsource, so I can download them to my gps.

In theory I am supposed to be able to convert loc files to a format compatible with mapsource.

I have been beating my head against the wall trying to figure it out.

Can someone please explain it to me slowly,using small words?

Check out this rudimentary GSAK tutorial. :anibad:

I am a Premium Member, so I can get 500 waypoints in the .gpx format which includes the hint and past logs, delivered to my email InBox.

GSAK can Export in several different formats, and except for the 'x' series of Garmin units, can send the waypoints directly to your GPSr. thumbsup.gif

If you have one of the new Garmin 'x' units, you just filter the waypoints, Export to Mapsource, then send the waypoints from Mapsource to the GPSr.

Easy peasy . . . :laughing:

Check out this rudimentary GSAK tutorial. :)

I am a Premium Member, so I can get 500 waypoints in the .gpx format which includes the hint and past logs, delivered to my email InBox.

GSAK can Export in several different formats, and except for the 'x' series of Garmin units, can send the waypoints directly to your GPSr. thumbsup.gif

If you have one of the new Garmin 'x' units, you just filter the waypoints, Export to Mapsource, then send the waypoints from Mapsource to the GPSr.

Easy peasy . . . :D

Thanks ;) Miragee, the quick tutorial explained/answered some question I had about GSAK :)

What I want to do is transfer them to garmin mapsource....

Open the .loc files directly in MapSource. CLICK HERE to download the update for the latest version of MapSource software version 6.10.2 as of March 17, 2006. Then install it.

Then Open MapSource, Click in "File" and select "Open". Browse to the location of where you saved the file on your computer - select the file and click the "Open" button!

..it's THAT easy! ;)

Open the .loc files directly in MapSource. CLICK HERE to download the update for the latest version of MapSource software version 6.10.2 as of March 17, 2006. Then install it.

Then Open MapSource, Click in "File" and select "Open". Browse to the location of where you saved the file on your computer - select the file and click the "Open" button!

..it's THAT easy! ;)

You said it. That's how I did it.

..it's THAT easy! :unsure:

It sure was. Thanks for the heads up on the update, once I downloaded it I had 400 caches on my gps in about 5 minuits

Player2