More International Geocacher Of Mystery Fun

Unlike Ireland last month I should actually have a bit more free time in Barcelona to cache about. It's a great city which I visited in 2002, before discovering caching. What I want to know is has anyone else cached there and can recommend any not-to-be-missed boxes or virts to sniff out? I'll be on foot and using the train, so nothing too far off the beaten track please.

Cheers for any suggestions!

Unlike Ireland last month I should actually have a bit more free time in Barcelona to cache about. It's a great city which I visited in 2002, before discovering caching. What I want to know is has anyone else cached there and can recommend any not-to-be-missed boxes or virts to sniff out? I'll be on foot and using the train, so nothing too far off the beaten track please.

I was a bit miffed when my brand-new travel bug got taken to Barcelona Invasion (5 star difficulty), but the cache seems to be getting good reviews. (The TB now in the UK, so I hope it will keep moving.)

Otherwise I guess the 70km to extract another TB of mine from Pail-sacalm would be a bit of a stretch without a car. :D

We "did" Barcelona last October. We found that a lot of the caches had either been muggled, or were in gardens that were closed. It seems that they close the parks at the end of the summer to carry out maintenance. Many of the caches that we failed on have since been archived. We did the Sagrada Famiglia cache which quite literally was a toilet. It was in a small park hidden in bushes directly opposite the Sagrada, I have never seen as many condoms in such a small area & I build sewage works for a living! The Montjuic Castle cache is in a wood that is used by junkies & we saw numerous syringes on our way to & from the cache site. HOWEVER it isn't all bad, the Montjuic area is worth a visit regardless of whether you do the cache or not. I would take the cable car from the port area, up to the mountain & walk back down. The best cache by far was the Parc Guell multi, this is a must. Finding the clues takes you all over the city & the final cache location has to be the most spectacular view in Barcelona. If you are staying in the centre I can recommend The Gran Cafe

Great food & stunning location

DaveH

I enjoyed my last trip to Barcelona, but that was BC (before caching).

Alison (to man with huge crate of 2000 cigarettes on his shoulder) : scuse me mate, can you tell me where the tobacconist is?

man : sure, just over there.... hang on HOW did you know I was British?!!

Enjoy!

ps. Don't forget to spray yourself silver and stand around the Ramblas pretending to be a statue.

Edited by Alibags

Never cached there,but another fantastic restaurant is Los Caracoles,just off the bottom of la Ramblas.down a side street.Basicly if you have your back to the Easy internet shop(Handy for logging caches if no wifi in hotel!) and walk away you will find it.You enter through the kitchen which gives an unusual start !

afraid can't raid your house as i'm in Valencia at moment,did the one and only in city yesterday.Good luck

los caracoles

Edited by tteggod trackers