Way Too Easy FTF

I was scanning local caches on Google Earth and noticed one nearby that I had not seen. Turned out to have just been listed that day. Zoomed in closer and saw that it was just a couple of blocks from my house in a new housing development. So at 10pm my wife and I grab the GPS, walk a couple of blocks and got our first FTF. Could not have been any easier!

I just got my first this past weekend. Saw the new listing Saturday night for a cache in a park that is only open during daylight hours. Woke up early on Sunday morning and got there just before sunrise. Beat everyone else by 45 minutes or so. Was great fun!

Since my wife isn't into gecocaching (yet B) and we have kids, I doubt she'll be happy with me running out late at night for an FTF. At least I got 1 - good enough (for now B).

Concerning spouses and FTFs...

S is nowhere near as competetive as I am (except at Scrabble) but she will drop everything in a heartbeat to go with me on an FTF. I think successful FTF attempts are the way to get your significant other into geocaching since you and they are doing something successful and winning together.

- T of TandS

Edited by tands

I got one FTF (50 miles from home) after it had been posted for three weeks. A geocaching friend had pointed it out to me as not being found yet and having a TB. I got to it, but forgot to bring a bug to trade.

Not a difficult cache, but the best part was that it took me to a State Park that I would never have visited were it not for geocaching.

I'll bet the cache owner was wondering if anyone would ever go for it.

:)

Aaaaah llatnek,

Known in these parts as 'the evil llatnek.' A true FTF hound, freak, what-have-you. The winner of a four-way duel for FTF honors on a cache just this weekend.

Yes, he beat us on one we DNF'd two hours after it came out in the dark. He was the first on-site in the daylight and won.

Bad llatnek!

- T of TandS