Geocaching And Palm Pilots

axetowax

A couple of things will help us all answer your question better. There are a lot of choices in the Palm field. Do you want to use it for other things than geocaching? Street mapping, organizer, games, business apps etc. Do you want to be able to connect to a bluetooth GPS eventually?

Personally, I have a Palm T|X with a bluetooth GPS, Cachemate/cachenav for caching, Fugawi for topo maps and looking at TomTom navigator for street mapping. This is an adjunct to my Magellan Platinum GPS.

JDandDD

I've used a Palm M125 for a couple of years now. I was able to buy one recently from that "online auction place" for less than $10 (with cradles). Normally about 15-30 dollars is normal. I can place around 1200 caches on it (using CacheMate) and many more that number on the SD card. One nice thing about the older, cheap models is that if you drop it in the woods you don't risk as much as the pricer, fancier ones.

I used an M130 until it wore out, then switched to an M505. The screen is larger, so I like it better. The biggest problem I have is that the power button is too easy to push - it turns on and off by itself when it's in my backpack. Maybe they should design that button to require a double click :rolleyes:

Doesn't that model have a keylock?

Try holding down the power button for a few seconds.