Garmin 60csx Accessories

Budbrew

Now that I have my new GPS I was wondering if anyone that currently owns a Garmin 60 series can recommend some must have accessories for my new toy. I was planning I purchasing the Cigarette Adapter, Auto mount, Handlebar mount. I am not sure wether or not to go with the windshield mount or dash mount which is better?

I have a RAM windshield mount and it is really solid. The windshield mount means I did not have to drill any holes, and I have had mixed results with adhesives. I can take the arm and cradle and move it to my bicycle handlebar mount fairly easily. And as you mentioned, car power adapter, and maps, lots and lots of maps! :D

Edited by CenTexDodger
If you get the navigation kit (about $145), you get City Select, DC adapter, and three types of mounting units - windshield, bean bag, and semi-permanent stickers.

Is the City Select in the navigation kit a step down from City Navigator? I'm really confused as to the difference between the two. Will they both auto route with the 60Cx?

If you get the navigation kit (about $145), you get City Select, DC adapter, and three types of mounting units - windshield, bean bag, and semi-permanent stickers.

Is the City Select in the navigation kit a step down from City Navigator? I'm really confused as to the difference between the two. Will they both auto route with the 60Cx?

No, CitySelect is the old Garmin version of Navtec maps and is being replaced by City Navigator v7, which is their current offering for routing software. CitySelect is no longer sold by garmin.

CitySelect and City Navigator both permit auto routing in the 60 series. MetroGuide does not.

I tried using a Lanyard, but there are two things I didn't like.

One, when I was in navigation mode, I found the GPS would lock up. I concluded it was because the GPS was moving around too much, especially when I bend over.

Second. I hated the feeling of something that heavy on my neck. It didn't bruise or hurt me in any way; I just hated that weight pulling on me.