Hide Styles?

gpsjeeper

Different areas do have different and distinct hide styles. You can't post "This cache is hidden in the Georgia Style" and have it mean anything consistant but as you travel you will see different methods used.

In Utah for example I can actually walk up to ground zero and see the cachein a lot of cases. In Idaho it is virtually never in sight. URPs are common in Idaho.

Is there any thread that decodes the different "styles" of the camo?
This might be the thread.

In the pacific NW. the classic hide is so common and obvious in the woods that nobody ever even refers to it explicitly, just saying "the usual place" or "classsic NW hide".

I suspect that in Urban California, it involves lamp posts in Wal Mart parking lots. :lol:

Is there any thread that decodes the different "styles" of the camo?
This might be the thread.

In the pacific NW. the classic hide is so common and obvious in the woods that nobody ever even refers to it explicitly, just saying "the usual place" or "classsic NW hide".

I suspect that in Urban California, it involves lamp posts in Wal Mart parking lots. :D

Same deal in suburban New York City, except that we're probably the only major part of the U.S. that mostly lacks Wal-Mart :ph34r: Maybe it would be in a Target lot, they seem to be proliferating around here recently. :D

...I.e. FL style being hidden under a palmetto bush....

As if somebody from the high plains would even recognize such a bush.......

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I was down there recently and kept having that problem.

If you have cached in Florida you should recognize them. They are often called SAW Palmettos for good reason. I always come back to Nebraska with assorted geowounds from grubbing around in them. :)

Nebraska's terraine is so varied that we have a multitude of styles. Well, OK no palmettos and palm frond covers.