Recent Need To Get Back Into Geocaching..

I recently moved to North Carolina, and now we are more setteled and ready to get back into it, cooler weather, and all.

But I have noticed that the main search of a cache web site has chaged some what, is seems like all the caches near mer are Micro's, is there a way to sort the searches for size of cache? not that we dont like the micros, but its not as much fun looking through all the strange items in a normal sized caches. Any of you locals help me out..

Since you are a premium member, you can create a pocket query that excludes the size "micro". Heck, you can set it to search for only "large" if you want, or "regular and small" or any combination.

I thought I was fairly Web page savy buy I cant find how to make a pocket search, I can go to the "advanced" seach page but that doesnt limit the kinds of caches?

or if you use GSAK you can use the filter to only display certain size containers.

NOT being to literate in the use of GSAK software, I JUST this moment tried to delete caches that were over 200 miles from a file in GSAK with no success.

I saw where I COULD eliminate them in bunches if I were able to 'TICK' the ones to be edited . . . but could not find a way to 'tick' them.

Can you give me some guidance. I ran a PQ for Myrtle Beach for 500 caches because I wanted to get the ones on the way south from my home . . . I wanted to eliminate those that werer FURTHER south than Myrtle . . .

How do you delete in batches by a category in GSAK?

or if you use GSAK you can use the filter to only display certain size containers.

NOT being to literate in the use of GSAK software, I JUST this moment tried to delete caches that were over 200 miles from a file in GSAK with no success.

I saw where I COULD eliminate them in bunches if I were able to 'TICK' the ones to be edited . . . but could not find a way to 'tick' them.

Can you give me some guidance. I ran a PQ for Myrtle Beach for 500 caches because I wanted to get the ones on the way south from my home . . . I wanted to eliminate those that werer FURTHER south than Myrtle . . .

How do you delete in batches by a category in GSAK?

There should be a little white 'tick mark' box in the column with the stickman figure at the top. If not, then you need to add the 'user flag' display option. Tools, options, display. :unsure:

Edited by Team Cotati

GRANPA ALEX, this is a thread to help a geocacher with sorting and filtering challenges for a size of cache that he doesn't want to hunt. While GSAK provides one of several good solutions for his question, let's not turn this into a thread for unrelated questions. Your GSAK support questions can be asked in the GSAK user forum or, if they are quick and easy ones, by finding a relevant thread here in the GPS Units and Software Forum. Thanks in advance to everyone for staying on topic!

TEAM COTATI . . . thanks for the help. I'll try it right away! :unsure:

KEYSTONE . . . you said "a thread to help a geocacher sort & filter caches" that one does not want to hunt . . . that is exactly what I was seeking help with and following a post that introduced GSAK. Maybe the advice that helps me will serve him as well, don't you think?

You can filter by size in GSAK as has been mentioned before. At the top of the screen click on 'search' and then 'filter'. A 2nd screen will pop up with various selections you can make to filter your PQ. There are many ways to filter, including size, distance, difficulty, terrain, type, various dates etc.. Next to this website it is probably the single best bit of software you can find for geocaching.