Sig Item -vs- Great Cache Item

UOTrackers

Well we're still trying to come up with so many things. It seems everyday I visit these boards I want to create more and more items. So I am thinking of having some nickles made for trading and such, making my own special "coin" to leave in caches I think are particularly great, and the geocoin I mentioned once before to benefit an un-named charity. Is this how most people end up doing sig items? How do you differentiate between what you leave? Do you have special items for special caches and different items for trading? What about when you cache with a team, example my husband and sometimes my daughter come with me. So far all we have left signaturewise is a pacifier numbered with baby's 1st (2nd, etc.) cache, cache name, and date on it when she goes with us. Is that corny?

A sig item is anything that other cachers can identify you by. I had a bunch of wooden nickel made with my geo-nick on them and before that I was just using duplo blocks that I wrote my name on. I have a very nice collection of sig items collected and they range from simple "toys" with the team name up to very nicely done poker chips or wooden coins. Alot of people even use "business cards" that they design and print themselves on the computer and then laminate then.

So do ya'll drop the sig item in every cache? Do you also trade swag as well as drop a sig item? I think I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the things you can do, and its hard to choose. Maybe it's new motherhood, I dunno, I kinda want to do everything just to sort of catch up to everyone else. *sighs* Am I crazy?

So do ya'll drop the sig item in every cache? Do you also trade swag as well as drop a sig item? I think I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the things you can do, and its hard to choose. Maybe it's new motherhood, I dunno, I kinda want to do everything just to sort of catch up to everyone else. *sighs* Am I crazy?

When we started, we would drop LED Keychain Lights. They were around $1.99 each when we bought them. They were cool cause they are something we thought people could use.

nieslenc

We make keychains for our sig items. MysteryInk1.jpg

Sorry, sidetracking for a second! :anibad:

Mystery Ink,

Thought you'd apreciate this.

MysteryMachine.jpg

This is our shop van that I designed.

We nicknamed it "The Mystery Machine" :P:P

(Yep! A variation of the same design on the shop windows, also! :unsure: )

Back on topic...

For sig items, I bought a box of cheap plastic poker chips at Wal-mart and printed up some decals at work and spent an evening in front of the TV sticking them on.

We drop them in caches "in our area" that we FTF on as a calling card, & also in any cache that will hold them when we cache outside of our area.

grid_sig.gif

I'm in limbo whether to take the plunge to make my own geocoin. ;)

But if I do, I will only drop those in caches that we find to be "very special" in some way or another.

"If" and/or when we get coins in hand, we'll better form our personal criteria as what constitutes a "Very Special" cache.

D-man :lol:

Edited by gridlox

Before I bought coins, I always left these sharpie markers. The blue were the first edition. I have green ones I drop into caches now.

sigitem1.jpg

I had these made up too because a similar paper sticker being sold on eBay couldn't be purchased in bulk from the seller. So I made my own in vinyl for substantially less $.

gotgps.gif

We make keychains for our sig items. MysteryInk1.jpg

Sorry, sidetracking for a second! :P

Mystery Ink,

Thought you'd apreciate this.

MysteryMachine.jpg

This is our shop van that I designed.

We nicknamed it "The Mystery Machine" :P:unsure:

(Yep! A variation of the same design on the shop windows, also! :lol: )

Back on topic...

For sig items, I bought a box of cheap plastic poker chips at Wal-mart and printed up some decals at work and spent an evening in front of the TV sticking them on.

We drop them in caches "in our area" that we FTF on as a calling card, & also in any cache that will hold them when we cache outside of our area.

grid_sig.gif

I'm in limbo whether to take the plunge to make my own geocoin. :P

But if I do, I will only drop those in caches that we find to be "very special" in some way or another.

"If" and/or when we get coins in hand, we'll better form our personal criteria as what constitutes a "Very Special" cache.

D-man :anibad:

;) Nice van lol. Yeah I have been keeping my eyes out for a good running 1968 dodge A-10 van. Someday I will have one

Before I bought coins, I always left these sharpie markers. The blue were the first edition. I have green ones I drop into caches now.

<snip>

:P COOL!! I got a first edition AG sig item!!

:lol::P

Wonder how much it's worth? :anibad:

:unsure:

Probably the $1.03 they cost me, lol.

The first generation must be worth at least $1.20 by now!

I used to leave these in caches (and still do from time-to-time). Low tech, but properly themed with my geo-handle. Follow the link to this image for NurseDave's collection of sig items (those shoelaces belong to him now!)

Pdxmarathonman.jpg