Ammo Boxes Where To Buy

Gruven_Reuven

www.cabelas.com sells a 6 pack of the .30 cal cans for $19.99 and the .50 cal cans for around $5 each. Those are about as good a price as you're going to see. You may see a better price at a gun show or flea market if they have one near you, but as far as a readily available source Cabelas is the best. Www.cheaperthandirt.com also has them for about the same price, but lately they've been in and out of stock.

www.cabelas.com sells a 6 pack of the .30 cal cans for $19.99 and the .50 cal cans for around $5 each. Those are about as good a price as you're going to see. You may see a better price at a gun show or flea market if they have one near you, but as far as a readily available source Cabelas is the best. Www.cheaperthandirt.com also has them for about the same price, but lately they've been in and out of stock.

Yeah, they don't have much right now, and Cabelas has them beat at the moment.

Just wanted to share that if you decide you want a LARGE ammo can, check out this website. Do a search for "ammo can" and see what ya get. It's an auction site, much like ebay. Seen one can on there that was 31" high (120mm can) and was selling for $12 plus shipping!!! Think of the swag you could put in that puppy!!!! :blink:

Gunbroker.com

Edited by TEAM RETRIEVER

I've picked some up in some surprising ways, I regularly hit a local auction house and there is often one or two going through, often with a box of miscellaneoous junk. I can often get them for $1-$5 ... although they get more expensive if they're loaded with old tools or hardware.

Thrift stores will sometimes have them for a few bucks... also good places to look for other cache container alternatives.

Yard sales - got two for $1 a while back.

Decon containers are harder to find for some reason.

I just bought a single .50 cal locally at an army-navy store for $9. I looked on the web, but the shipping usually cost as much as the cans!

If you buy one can maybe. I think I paid about $7 or $8 for shipping on my 6 pack of cans from Cabelas which still brings them in well under $5 a can.

Cabelas puts on a surcharge. The cans are cheaper, though. I've bought from both Cabelas and Cheaper than dirt... and both times it's run me about $50 total for 6 cans.

You must be talking about getting the .50 cal cans because the 6 pack of .30 cal cans runs me $32 with shipping, including the heavy item surcharge at Cabelas.

Cabelas puts on a surcharge.  The cans are cheaper, though.  I've bought from both Cabelas and Cheaper than dirt... and both times it's run me about $50 total for 6 cans.

You must be talking about getting the .50 cal cans because the 6 pack of .30 cal cans runs me $32 with shipping, including the heavy item surcharge at Cabelas.

Yes, I was. Sorry I wasn't clear.