To Pic Or Not To Pic

Porkchop61YD

Whenever I find a cache, I like to take pics of the location and cache contents as they appear that day. Should I post these with my log even though they may contain spoilers (even if I include a warning that they contain spoilers and not to view until after you have found it yourself). Thought the pics might be of interest to the cache owner or others who just wanted to see what's in it now.

PorkChop61YD :lol:

Not on the cache page. As a cache owner I'd like to get the pics, but I'd want them to be sent personally through E-mail, so that my cache placement wouldn't be given away to anyone who wants to look.

It's a cool idea, and I'd actually appreciate it as long as it wasn't on the cache page.

As for the pic of contents, just take the container away from it's hiding place and take the pics, that would be fine unless it was not meant for hunters to know what the container is.

Welcome to the forums Chop. (Pork Chop is a friend of mines CB handle. :lol: )

Seems like you could just PM or email and ask whoever posted to remove, and then only delete there log entry if they failed to do so within a reasonable deadline. I like gchance's idea of taking pics of the cache/area that actually don't reveal too much on the hide -kind of like a challenge to figure out how to get some good pics without showing too much.

Whenever I find a cache, I like to take pics of the location and cache contents as they appear that day.  Should I post these with my log even though they may contain spoilers (even if I include a warning that they contain spoilers and not to view until after you have found it yourself). 

Depends on what you consider spoilers. I enjoy taking pictures at the cache location, and post more log pictures than anyone else in our area. When I meet other cachers they often say, "Oh, you're the one who posts all the pictures." But, I take care not to include any in the log that are what I consider spoilers.

I don't include any pictures of the cache in it's location. If I post a shot that includes the cache location the location will not be centered and the shot will include so much other area a person would know nothing more than they will know after reaching the general area following their GPSr. And I don't include any shot that I think will make the cache easier to find.

On possible exception to this, I do often post pictures of the cache and it's contents, shot it such a way that the location is not revealed, like this.

Then I maintain a photo journal of my caching adventures on my website that does include very specific spoilers. But, the photos are scrambled and given meaningless names so it wouldn't be easy to know which picture is which cache unless you've already been there. Here's my photo journal http://factsfacts.com/geocaching/ThumbIndex.htm