Found It ?

Knak

That said, some of the toughest hunts I've had have been on my own caches. There's nothing like not finding it where you put it, and then working an ever increasing spiral out from the original spot. I archived one of my early hides over this. It just got to be too much of a PITA. My micro hides are now nearly ALL tethered. I still wouldn't log a find on my own cache, but sometimes finding them is a miracle. Your reward, however, is definitely the find, and not a smiley.

That said,  some of the toughest hunts I've had have been on my own caches.

That's funny you should mention that. I archived a cache recently after only one person found it and then others emailed me with DNFs (no actual DNF logs though -- chickens!). I couldn't find the cache where I left it or close by so I archived it. Then another cacher reported that they found it! I have yet to investigate it again. Maybe this weekend since our snow melted.

But yeah, no Found for your own cache! (I'd like to find mine again though!).

Edited by hide & seekers
1 Possible exception.

I adopted a cache from a local cacher a few months ago that I have never been to. Keep meaning to make the trip but I haven't yet.

I intend to log it as a find.  Just for the record. Be pretty embarrasing if I have to do a DNF.

Yes, I've adopted caches I haven't found before and ones I have.

I would certainly not go back and delete my found now that I own it, and I know it looks like a double standard, nonetheless I am not going log a found on a newly adopted cache. I'm just not going to do it.

In my book, a previous find is completely legitiment and is in the spirit of the game, logging your own cache, regardless of the circumstances, isn't.

Just my opinion on the issue.

Edited by BlueDeuce
1 Possible exception.

I adopted a cache from a local cacher a few months ago that I have never been to. Keep meaning to make the trip but I haven't yet.

I intend to log it as a find.  Just for the record. Be pretty embarrasing if I have to do a DNF.

Yes, I've adopted caches I haven't found before and ones I have.

I would certainly not go back and delete my found now that I own it, and I know it looks like a double standard, nonetheless I am not going log a found on a newly adopted cache. I'm just not going to do it.

In my book, a previous find is completely legitiment and is in the spirit of the game, logging your own cache, regardless of the circumstances, isn't.

Just my opinion on the issue.

Like BlueDeuce, "I've adopted caches I haven't found before and ones I have".

On the one's I had found previous to the adoption - I kept the finds. On the other 2, which I hadn't found before the adoption, I left a note (not a find), once I found them.

In general, I probably wouldn't have adopted a cache I hadn't found - but in this case, I adopted all of a hider's caches (BT was/is well respected in our area) and I'd found 4 of 6 his caches and they were close to my house.

One of mine is being found by everyone but me. Guess I should have logged DNF when I disabled it ;)

I plan to go and find it next week since it's been over a year since i checked on it and i am getting reports of possible problems.

I never thought of logging a find when i find it again, but it is kinda appealing since it is obviously not where i put it and i have to literally find it myself.

I reckon i'll go with custom though and just replace the container and log a note.