Booty Ideas

kcn-marykay

We're newbies and have found our first few caches. YEAH! FUN!! We have TNLN, so far, since we are just "getting our feet wet." I know the kids are "chomping at the bit" to take some booty and leave some, too. I've seen all kinds of booty ideas listed/traded, as I read logs, and am starting to amass a pile of items, esp. for kids. I was wondering if it is un-"kewl" to leave previously viewed kid videos and slightly used baby board books?

How do cachers feel about "used" items? :laughing:

THX for your honesty! Kimberly & Family in NC

We are newbies but we think as long as the movies "play" and work fine then that would be cool "booty" to find. As for the books, those are cool too as long as they are not in bad shape.

There is even a childrens book cache here in our town all they ask is you take a book and leave a book. it was made by a class and they go and exchange the books when there are some new ones and so it provides these students with many books to read ;) we thought that was a fantastic idea.

Go for it. To be honest we would be so happy to see gently used kids books and videos then all the multiple, identical mcdonald toys we seem to only find lately!:laughing:

Thats why I think "new" or "used" is not a issue, happy meal toys are new, but I see such disappointment in my kid when the last few caches have been almost all mctoys.

Treaure or "booty" in our eyes is whatever people put in that seems like they thought about how the next person would feel when they found it!

We try to place things other can "use" or will be entertained by. Stickers, travel size games or playing cards. We do alot of crafts, so the kids like to make small homemade items they think people will like.

Flowerswife

Used stuff is cool, in fact, most trade items are traded in and out of caches perpetually so most is used in that way. I don't see any problems tading used kid's videos. I would make sure that the cache is fairly protected from the elements. Even a little water will ruin the tape and then it just becomes trash. Same with books. But both are cool, especially for people who cache with kids.

I was wondering if it is un-"kewl" to leave previously viewed kid videos and slightly used baby board books?

How do cachers feel about "used" items

Gently used items are great. Movies, books and even toys. Its when people start leaving that broken McToy that they found under the seat of their car or the filthy, torn stuffed animal that it becomes an issue.

I'm new to all of this... but an idea I've been working on would be to stock some caches near some of my favorite fishing spots with some of my hand-tied flies, appropriate to the location. (I fish local steams and a lot of beaches/jetties down the shore.) Kind of a "functional" cache... Maybe some other related accessories/necessities too... Hmm... would a nymph be too small for a TB? :laughing:

*Looks through her new cache bag* Here's a couple items I have picked up around my house to drop into caches...

SunglassHut eye glass cleaner packs

A flashing whistle necklace

Bandaids

A Music CD I burned (Calming music) - I may make some more of these in different variety

An air mattress repair kit (if I find a cache on a campground)

A March of Dimes WalkAmerica badge (I lost twin duaghters to prematurity last year so it's kind of a personal item)

A MAgnet clip party light

A trial packet of sunblock, off skintastic and some glow in the dark hair gel

A hand held fan

Some hair clips

A Butterfly watch.

Also if my daughter comes with me we bring her new signature item, take a look!

bellasig04.jpg

bellasig02.jpg

Here's my husband and my daughter at her first cache 122605001.jpg

We're having great fun so far!

PS sorry the pics are so big, I"ll have to figure out how to make them smaller

Thanks to everyone who replied! All of you expressed the things I was thinking, I just didn't want to assume my thoughts were "on target!" until I checked with others.

I will be collecting both new and gently used items for adults and kids. And using resealable plastic bags to protect things like kid videos. Can't wait to start adding "treats" to caches for others to enjoy!

Just got to find my next cache ... still learning and it is taking this seeker some time to learn to "think like a hider!"

Kimberly & Family in NC