Renewed For A Year…?

Bob Blaylock

It is that Jeremy at it again.

Does everyone not see what he is doing?

If someone stays a member for 365 years he is going to end up collecting an extra years membership from us. And he is doing so very slowly so that over time he thinks we are not going to notice.

The lengths this guy will go to never ends.

;)

My Premium subscription was to expire on 03 January 2006.  I just now renewed it for a year.  Now it is to expire on 02 January 2007.  I seem to be getting a day less than I ought to.

I think the count is correct. If you had renewed the 3rd of january, doesn't 365 days bring you to the 2nd of january the year after? :o Lets say someone renews on the 1st of january, il will end on the 31st of december.

My Premium subscription was to expire on 03 January 2006.  I just now renewed it for a year.  Now it is to expire on 02 January 2007.  I seem to be getting a day less than I ought to.

I think the count is correct. If you had renewed the 3rd of january, doesn't 365 days bring you to the 2nd of january the year after? :o Lets say someone renews on the 1st of january, il will end on the 31st of december.

Right.  And if he renews for another year, then 31 December will be the last day of his old subscription, 01 January will be the first day of his new one.  And if he renews for yet another year, then again, 31 December will be the last day of that subscription, and 01 January the day that his next renewed subscription begins.  If the subscription is renewed for a year at a time, then each subscription will end on the same day of the year that the previous one did, and each new subscription will begin on the same day of the year that the previous subscription did.

Renewing a subscription for a year should cause the expiration to be exactly a year later.  In my case, a subscription that was going to expire 03 January 2006 should, if renewed for a year, expire on 03 January 2007.

I suppose it's not worth any fuss.  A day's worth of subscription is about 12¢, and I've already expended much more than 12¢ worth of fussing over it.  As a matter of fact, I enjoy this activity enough, and have enough appreciation for Jeremy's role in making it possible, that I wouldn't begrudge him that extra 12¢.  But the pedant in me is bothered by an error that seems to be in need of correction.  When people pay for a full year, they should get a full year.

Edited by Bob Blaylock
Renewing a subscription for a year should cause the expiration to be exactly a year later.  In my case, a subscription that was going to expire 03 January 2006 should, if renewed for a year, expire on 03 January 2007.

But that wouldn't be a year. A year is 365 days. You're asking for 366. :)

As the example above from Nomade states, a year is defined as Jan 1-Dec 31, not Jan 1-Jan 1.

You're getting exactly a year, just like you wanted.

:P