Cheap Fuel

plippy

On average you get about 10-15% fewer miles to the gallon with LPG, but even at UK prices the savings are substantial if you drive a lot.

Hah.... I didn't mean to refer to the slight drop in MPG when going from Petrol to LPG, more the MPG that a Rover 3.5/3.9 V8 returns is just horrendous. So running it on LPG might help your wallet slightly, but it still isn't going to be cheaper to run a Rangie on LPG than it is to run something more 'conventional'. ;-)

J

It appears that this Pipeline card is not a con or spam after all!

I got an email a couple of weeks ago stating that they got their 100,000 person signed up, and that they could start negotiations with the fuel companies. I still thought at this time, no harm done so far, wait and see.

I still haven't got my card but whilst watching 'Richard Hammonds 5 O'Clock Show' this evening, (I know I'm a sad git! :o ) he had his weekly financial advisor on giving out advice, and that guy advised to sign up for the Pipeline card soon, so that you could get up to 5p - 10p a litre off fuel. So I doubt that it is a con, as it wouldn't be aired as advice on live television?

It appears that this Pipeline card is not a con or spam after all!

I got an email a couple of weeks ago stating that they got their 100,000 person signed up, and that they could start negotiations with the fuel companies. I still thought at this time, no harm done so far, wait and see.

I still haven't got my card but whilst watching 'Richard Hammonds 5 O'Clock Show' this evening, (I know I'm a sad git! :o ) he had his weekly financial advisor on giving out advice, and that guy advised to sign up for the Pipeline card soon, so that you could get up to 5p - 10p a litre off fuel. So I doubt that it is a con, as it wouldn't be aired as advice on live television?

I to have been getting update on a regular basis..

But still no card as yet..

B.

Thank goodness my Range Rovers run on LPG! and I do not pay the norm of 42.5 p a litre, I pay 38P a litre.( Through most west counties at Countrywide gas)

You pay less but how many mpg do you get? :o

J

Wouldn't be that much less, normal rangie will return around 11-18 mpg dependant on driving style on petrol, lpg will return around 9-15mpg (again dependant on driving style) but @ a cost of half the price of petrol he's on to a winner. Besides no-one drives a rangie for it's fuel economy. I know i don't drive my 30 year old ex-mil airportable for it's fuel economy. T Edited by bhodisatva

I found this site handy, you can subscribe and then it will email you every week the cheapest price at pump near your post code.

http://www.petrolprices.com/

Works for me...See ya...Gary

Ha Ha very funny! Its another spoof

It works fine for me!! :)

... works for me as well.

I have signed up for the daily email that I read most days and can confirm that it does accurately reflect the prices on the forecourt. It is most defiantly not a spoof and I strongly recommend the site to identify the cheaper petrol stations.