Mapquest Maps Not Working Anymore

BalkanSabranje

I did a test on Mac OS X (10.4.3).

With Apple's Browser Safari (2.0.2), there seems to be no problem at all.

With Firefox (old version: 1.0.7 ;-)), the map ist not shown at first (only grey background). After clicking e.g. the (+) Button to zoom in, a larger map with decoration (appropriate to the window size) is drawn. Afterwards, clicking the MapQuest link in a cache description immediately gives me the map each time I try it.

Rethinking that, it *could* be that with Safari the behaviour was the same (no map at first, but then it's ok). Maybe a cookie problem??

Regards,

Stefan (Ruhrteam)

They don't work for me using Opera 8.5 . . .

I rarely use those maps because they take forever to load with my 24K connection to the Internet . . . :D but I just tested it and I got the same thing the OP reported. :P

However, when I reload the page, the map appears, only now it is much larger . . . :P

Very strange . . .

Has anyone contacted Mapquest?

Ha Ha - Good One!

However... the other day I sent an e-mail to Microsoft and got an actual reply, from actual person, who actually followed up with me several days later to see if the problem was resolved.

I immediately ran out and bought a lotto ticket - no luck.

No offense meant, it's just that I've never had luck with any kind of "help" or "contact" functions. (that's why I was shocked to get a response from MS).

I've noticed it mostly on new caches like this one:

Map Loads Slowly

Notice the map here:

Map Linked

Doesn't "populate" (notice the size of the map)

But zooming in or out does cause it to populate the page (notice size of map changes).

Same Map when clicked on

Same issue for me in Firefox 1.5 - reloads fine, but initial page load fails on the map portion. No changes on my machine since the last time I used it and it was working, so I don't think it is a cookie issue. EDIT: Actually, refreshing the page pulls up the larger sized map, not a simple refresh of the default map size.

Edited by New England n00b