Wth!

OmniCitadel

ok so i just read a site which had all the colorado regs and i can understand certain rules like not droping a cache in a high traffic fragile enviroment... but to say that an entire county is banned from caches?

now call me the rebel that i am (seeing that if i don't agree with a law, i don't follow it) but that is really extreme... (kinda like enforcing a legal activity under false pretences or under a loop hole ahhh hemmm medicinal marjuanna [colorado]) but this seems really extreme...

and while i am at it

national parks

WHAT THE HELL!!!

news flash these are the same places that envite you to go look at that cool rock outcropping up close but caches are not a loud to be more then an arms reach from the beaten path?

NATIONAL PARK!!! these places allow you to carry a gun and kill something but your not allowed to place a little box 12 miles into the woods because it will disturb the wild life? well forgive me for disturbing them but what does it matter ill kill them next hunting season... i guess that makes it all right. RIGHT? NO INFACT HERE IN COLORADO ITS AGAINST THE LAW TO HARRASS THE WILDLIFE BEFORE YOU KILL THEM...

all i have to say is BITE ME

i sware to god we are persecuted more then criminals are for playing wheres waldo...

ok so i just read a site which had all the colorado regs and i can understand certain rules like not droping a cache in a high traffic fragile enviroment... but to say that an entire county is banned from caches?

now call me the rebel that i am (seeing that if i don't agree with a law, i don't follow it) but that is really extreme... (kinda like enforcing a legal activity under false pretences or under a loop hole ahhh hemmm medicinal marjuanna [colorado]) but this seems really extreme...

and while i am at it

national parks

WHAT THE HELL!!!

news flash these are the same places that envite you to go look at that cool rock outcropping up close but caches are not a loud to be more then an arms reach from the beaten path?

NATIONAL PARK!!! these places allow you to carry a gun and kill something but your not allowed to place a little box 12 miles into the woods because it will disturb the wild life? well forgive me for disturbing them but what does it matter ill kill them next hunting season... i guess that makes it all right. RIGHT? NO INFACT HERE IN COLORADO ITS AGAINST THE LAW TO HARRASS THE WILDLIFE BEFORE YOU KILL THEM...

i sware to god we are persecuted more then criminals are for playing wheres waldo...

Well Im sure you local reviewer will be happy to see that you dont follow the rules/laws/guidelines you dont like. The rest of us in Colorado will stick to the rules/laws/guidelines because we care for the sport and want to see it continue.

Good luck

and while i am at it

national parks

WHAT THE HELL!!!

Well Im sure you local reviewer will be happy to see that you dont follow the rules/laws/guidelines you dont like. The rest of us in Colorado will stick to the rules/laws/guidelines because we care for the sport and want to see it continue.

Good luck

im glad to see i have those who are targeting me...

i was simpily saying that there are certain rules which are less then admirable due to uneducated responces.

i feel that there should be representitives in decision making positions to protect this new but highly hated upon sport.

geo cacheing is a fairly low impact sport which has a lower following then many other sports which require alot more devistaion to the surroundings...

take hunting for instance, i am a hunter and i camped in a spot where other fellow hunters camped the season before me, they cut down more trees then they needed for hunting started a fire which luckily they were able to put out after consuming nearly all of their camp and then failed to clean up their mess.

IMO they did more damage then any number of cachers ever could?

so why does the DOW enforce more rules they they do on hunters?

you have targeted me as being an instigator i was simpily trying to understand why there is not a (through proper channels) means for protest, a way to over turn these truely unjust ways of restriction?

You need to attend a few events. There you will find that there are people who work on getting things changed One of the local cachers spent 5 month and about 200 hours of their personal time to get one county to change its caching policys. Another has spent almost a year working with another county on their policys. The land managers read thes forums. You come in, having been here for 3 days and decide to shake things up. All you do is damage when you start by saying how you do not follow rules you do not like. Spend some time, find some caches and then offer to help in the local caching group. Put the energy to good use instead of just trying to stir the pot.

First, go find some caches.

Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own

i respect your input, and that is the answer i was looking for.

Thankyou, and i respect your view point. Please understand that as a new person to this sport i try to learn as much as i can about this sport. I have made attemps to find caches as a muggle with no avail and i fail to understand how any orgainzation can view it as a highly geographically impact hobby... my brother (who will remin annomious) has been a member of this site for over 2 years has opened my mind to these problems and while i wish to enjoy this hobby i feel that once again certain agencies are enforcing policies in which do not deserve the attention they receive.

AND FOR THE RECORD

i have yet to place or participate in any cache on my own

Edited by OmniCitadel
i respect your input, and that is the answer i was looking for.

Thankyou, and i respect your view point. Please understand that as a new person to this sport i try to learn as much as i can about this sport. I have made attemps to find caches as a muggle with no avail and i fail to understand how any orgainzation can view it as a highly geographically impact hobby... my brother (who will remin annomious) has been a member of this site for over 2 years has opened my mind to these problems and while i wish to enjoy this hobby i feel that once again certain agencies are enforcing policies in which do not deserve the attention they receive.

AND FOR THE RECORD

i have yet to place or participate in any cache on my own

well if your brother has been around the site for 2 years he can tell you who I am. Providing he lives in Colorado.

The key is to not anger the people we are trying to convince that geocaching is an ok thing on their land.

im simpilly pointing out that certain regulations/laws/opinions like many in this country are based on misundertanding and disinformation, so why is there not a petition to protect this hobby just like there was to enable bikes to ride double file (just passed 3 months ago here in colorado) i mean seriously???

im simpilly pointing out that certain regulations/laws/opinions like many in this country are based on misundertanding and disinformation, so why is there not a petition to protect this hobby just like there was to enable bikes to ride double file (just passed 3 months ago here in colorado) i mean seriously???

Since you refuse to listen to what has been posted I suggest you first find some caches then you can start the petition. As I stated there is a lot going on. You just have not been around enough to see it.

Relax, go find some caches. Attend the next 2 event caches THEN we can talk about what is and what is not being done.

Until then you are uninformed and just stirring the pot about things you know nothing about.

Since you refuse to listen to what has been posted I suggest you first find some caches then you can start the petition. As I stated there is a lot going on. You just have not been around enough to see it.

Relax, go find some caches. Attend the next 2 event caches THEN we can talk about what is and what is not being done.

Until then you are uninformed and just stirring the pot about things you know nothing about.

Thank you for your reply. Geocaching is great and we need to be careful on how we approach it so we can keep on caching.

First, you are correct to understand that many regs are based on perceptions about geocaching and not 100% the reality. Concerns vary with the land managers and the focus of land managers varies.

Second a petition has weight behind it but not as much as slow but constant pressure. You can work directly with land managers and guide them to the truth about geocaching and hopefully less regs, or you can work through the political side which is even more (mis) perception based. Skillful work here can pay big dividends but let the press run with it and the harm can set you back to the point of a ban statewide. Look for the threads about Geocaching in South Carolona.

...Relax, go find some caches. Attend the next 2 event caches THEN we can talk about what is and what is not being done.

Until then you are uninformed and just stirring the pot about things you know nothing about...

Why would that be? They have been around 2 years, been caching, and nothing you are doing would typically be covered by a non-disclosure agreement with the land managers. It shouldn't be a secret.

...Relax, go find some caches. Attend the next 2 event caches THEN we can talk about what is and what is not being done.

Until then you are uninformed and just stirring the pot about things you know nothing about...

Why would that be? They have been around 2 years, been caching, and nothing you are doing would typically be covered by a non-disclosure agreement with the land managers. It shouldn't be a secret.

Re-read the thread a little closer. The OP joined up 3 days ago, and admits he has not found or hid a cache yet.

Ringbone? :rolleyes:

Edited by zoltig

You might want to get your fact straight about things before you use them as examples. The petition was against a 2500 rider cap that the State Patrol pasted as an edict without public input. The petition was to get the state patrol to sit down and talk to the public before it went into place. Since there are already people willing to talk about geocaching, I don't see a need for this tactic.

Re-read the thread a little closer. The OP joined up 3 days ago, and admits he has not found or hid a cache yet.

Since the CO group is representing all geocachers regardless of duration in Geocaching and since longer standing members would read this thread it doesn't change that the CO Group should be willing to say what's going on when a concern is expressed. I also think the OP said they had been around their brother who is a cacher with a longer track record so their short timer status is not quite accurate.

That's different than saying the OP would make a great rep especially when you read the post.

Edited by Renegade Knight