W. Yorks Cachers!

Jaz666

Hi PPL.

It seems in the last 24 hours Google Earth has updated the images in our area (I suppose it's possible the update goes further, but I've only checked out the Leeds/Bradford area so far).

The detail in most areas is fantastic, I can make out the placements of my latest multi (dried out yet Ruston?) very well - compared to the massive green blob most areas looked like yesterday.

From what I can tell, the images are still quite old; from a known feature in Bradford that's changed recently, I'd estimate that they were taken around 2001-2002.

This should make my caching day-trip planning a bit easier!

They appear to be doing these new ones in counties. Berkshire, Cambridgeshire Lancashire, Merseyside, West and South Yorkshire and Great Manchester are in much higher resolution. South/Mid and West Glamorgan are noticeably better than the rest of Wales too.

This is looking great!

Yup its getting better!!! Thanks Google!

Edit to say: Google Earth was already very useful to me for geocaching. Now i've got myself a data cable for my Etrex and the quality has goen up its amazing.

How appropriate that Queen - Don't Stop Me Now is playing as I check it out.! :lol:

Heres some of the track from one of my recent caching trips:

gctrack7wm.jpg

Edited by adambro

It's looking like they are in the process of adding more aerials - looking at Heysham nr Lancs, starting at the ferry dock resolution is excellent, go a mile north the resolution reduces but these photos were'nt there last week which indicates to me that they are place holders.

I had thought that these photos were getmapping's aerials but looking at heysham docks its easy to tell that they are not getmappings as shown on multimaping