This Site Rocks!

Kathi & the Grouch

I just need to express some gratitude here. I'm NOT trying to brown-nose, but rather to give credit where credit's due.

(This goes for both geocaching.com AND Groundspeak, which I think of together as one unit.)

I design user interfaces for a living.

IMHO, this site CANNOT be beat for content, usability and reliability. I am continually amazed at how helpful the site is, in so many ways. It knows what I need before I do. Almost any functionality I could want for cache cataloging, database searching and forum communication is already built in, AND IT WORKS! It's incredibly easy to find the information I need. The site is constantly growing and evolving -- and "improvements" seem to happen almost before they can be imagined, must less requested.

And quite obviously, it's all managed with wholehearted commitment to the site, the sport, and the community.

High class work, team. My hat's off to you.

By the way Jeremy and crew, thanks for that option of "Uncheck the day of the week after the query runs"

That's exactly what I needed.

Yes great option. I run a lot less PQ's now which helps everyone :unsure:

I also appreciate the ability to run a PQ with all my finds.

I just need to express some gratitude here. I'm NOT trying to brown-nose, but rather to give credit where credit's due.

(This goes for both geocaching.com AND Groundspeak, which I think of together as one unit.)

I design user interfaces for a living.

IMHO, this site CANNOT be beat for content, usability and reliability. I am continually amazed at how helpful the site is, in so many ways. It knows what I need before I do. Almost any functionality I could want for cache cataloging, database searching and forum communication is already built in, AND IT WORKS! It's incredibly easy to find the information I need. The site is constantly growing and evolving -- and "improvements" seem to happen almost before they can be imagined, must less requested.

And quite obviously, it's all managed with wholehearted commitment to the site, the sport, and the community.

High class work, team. My hat's off to you.

:lol: When the premium memberships go up we know who caused it. :unsure:

To which caching sites did you compare gc.com?

I was comparing to *many* other (U.S.) sites (unrelated to geocaching) in terms of functionality. The GC.com and Groundspeak sites work like well-oiled machines! I don't take that for granted since so few sites actually work as intended for all users, even on simple stuff, much less multiple and complex database functionality. It's refreshing to experience a site that DOES work, and gives me more account options than I can ask for.

I stand by my original comments.... However, I hope the compliments don't encourage TPTB to raise membership fees or I fear I'll be hunted down by peeved members! I can see the logs now... "Took fur & feathers, Left pummeled bodies" Yikes!