Muggled Log Books

Recently I have come across a few log books that have entries by muggles in them. Some rather distasteful ones :P

which I won't go into, but also some rather nice ones :D :-

In one of Cave Troll and Eyeores caches in Worsley, Manchester.

Local kids/teenagers seem to have adopted the cache and drop in regularly to write such things as

"Thank you for placing his little box of treasures"

This seems to have been going on since August/September time.

In another cache a local dog walker who signed himself as such,

wrote that he was intrigued and had looked up Geocaching on the Internet.

He just requested that cachers stop trampling on his wild raspberries! :P

and yesterday I came across yet another cache discovered by a dogwalker who was,

as he said going straight home to find out a bit more about it. :P

Has anyone else got any pleasant Muggled log book tales?

At El Jeffe's Cache in Upper Park GCHGWW I found logs from (if I recall correctly) 4 different geology students. They were all on separate days. The students had been studying the rock formations in the area and had found the cache. Each time they had read all the logs and then added nice logs of their own and returned the cache to it's hiding spot.

I found this one in "Time to Mooch: A mingle in the dingle" by Mortington Bear :-

"27/12/04 Ric + Chris of Ironbridge. Found by accident. Took Nothing, Gave Nothing, Except our wishes to fellow journeymen. May your God go with you.

Ric + Chris"

Quite nice really :D

We found this cache too, & loved the entries by the owners of the horses in the field.They seem to regularly look in on the cache, but seem totally baffled as to what its all about.They seem very good about it though, they log an entry, then put the cache back again.

Seren.

One of my mum and dad's (Sandiway Searcher) caches (can't remember which cache) was found by a muggle after the high tide had washed it out of it's hidey hole.

He took it home, phoned Mr Sandiway Searcher told him he was drying out the box and then promptly returned the cache the next day with more goodies in it!!

What a nice man... kind of restores your faith in human kind!!

Speaking of restoring your faith...

I recently placed 2 TBs in a cache, which was subsequently muggled :rolleyes: Wondering what had happend to the TBs I went for a look. I was intrigued that they had been logged by a brand new person, who has no cache finds to their name, just these 2 TBs.

I emailed them, and to cut a long story short, the TBs were brough home by her young son who had found them dumped. She looked up the web address, created an account and logged the bugs. She was going to place them in a cache, but after I explained a bit about GPSrs, she now says she is going to post me the bugs for getting them back into circulation.

This all appears genuine, so it's very heart warming indeed. Not my cache, not my TBs but I am happy to have done my little bit. :lol:

He told me the logbook had an entry in it from some local rough sleepers, as they put it in their entry "we're the ones you call the wino's"...

Tee hee! That's one of my caches - actually their entry wasn't quite as polite as that, but I know what you mean!

Maybe it's the hiding places I choose, but two of my other caches also have muggle notes in them - both nice ones. One is just signed "The bloke who cuts the grass" (goodness knows what he was doing there, as the nearest grass that gets cut is about a mile away), and the other is just a list of names: "Sue, aged 4½. Steve, age 4. Debbie, age 12. Dave, age 45..."

The funny thing is, I'm not surprised the one Helen referred to was muggled...but the other two are in places I never thought anyone except a cacher would look!

(Edited for spelling)

Edited by Paul G0TLG