More Than One Gps?

Okay, so how normal (or obsessed, or...) is this?

I currently use a Garmin V. I've been thinking of upgrading for a while now since I hate constantly having to reload maps between home (VA), my folks (CT) and the wife's folks (NY) when we travel. So I was thinking of getting the Quest 2, with all the basemaps built in, and still hand holdable for geocaching.

But I just saw the new specs on the Garmin 2730... wow, weather, traffic, XM Radio. So now I'm thinking of getting that, then switching over the the V whenever I'm up for a cache. Is this something that others do? Or is that getting into overload? :huh:

(I even had someone offer to by my old III+ which I recently took out of mothballs)

Each GPS has a different function ....

Garmin Street Pilot III in the car for car navigation, just replaced with a TomTom Go 700.. (although not sure I like it ... )

2 * Garmin Vs for geocaching and Travelling : One is atlantic base map, one is US base map, I cross register the two GPS's on the City Select versions so can have my European Maps or my US maps on both, will then load up whatever maps I need when travelling or Geocaching on the "best" base map unit

Pretec mini Bluuetooth GPS, feeding a Dell Axim running the UK OS maps via Memory Map.. for when out walking and off Garmin Maps

Others have more .....

I have a 60cs and a Vista. I use the 60CS for out and about activities, but don't like to use it for cycling because it's so much larger. Size, shape, and reception are the differences for me so it makes sense to have both nowadays. Had debated getting rid of the Vista when I bought the 60CS but that doesn't make sense anymore.

VW

Okay, so how normal (or obsessed, or...) is this?

Howdy...You aren't even starting to get "sick"...multiple GPSr's...oh yeah ;)

I use a 60CS for caching, and Autorouting, 2 RINO 120's when MooseMaMa and I cache or hike in separate directions, Foretrex on the bike and kayak. MooseMaMa has a Legend for caching, and a Forerunner to cycling, and jogging. (Won't mention the GPS 12, II+, and basic eTrex I gave away to the kids and a friend).

You've got a long way to go before you even have to start worrying about it :rolleyes:

Regards,

Bill

I have a MeriPlat and a SporTrack Topo.  I couldn't play nicely with the wife and kids and share my MeriPlat so I had to get them their own.  Now one of the kids will take my MeriPlat outta my hands and run ahead of me.  Guess it is time to get a new one  :rolleyes:

Yep, I'm with PodunkPaul. My wife gets the MeriPlat, and I use the 60CS. The old eTrex Venture and iFinder H2O don't see much use and are lonely.

Rich Owings

www.MakeYourOwnMaps.com

www.GPStracklog.com

"We were desert mystics, my friends and I, poring over our maps as others do their holy books." - Edward Abbey