Muggle Sarcasm

I recently did some caching in Wales, and all the caches were at the top of hills, with only one way up, and with trig point on the top. Each cache was within 100 metres of the trig point.

On two of my ascents (the third was done in such bad weather that no self-respecting muggle would ever venture out!) a descending muggle, spotting my GPSr, made a sarcastic comment. On the way up Skirrid Fawr I got - 'You don't need that, it's straight ahead!' and on the way up Sweet Mountain I got 'You're going in the right direction!'

I couldn't think of anything much to say in response. Any one got any ideas what I could have said? Any one had this sort of thing happen to them?

I was blundering around Aira Force in the drizzling rain a couple of weeks ago when a guy spotted my GPSr. I was looking slightly bewildered (my usual state) as the signal was leading me all over the place. He quipped "It must be right, it's GPS" and then continued off in the opposite direction. Quick as a flash I said - nothing! Before I got chance to reply he was gone.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just laugh and carry on with what you are doing....

My son told every passerby that we were looking for treasure anyway - that did get us some funny looks!! :mad:

Edited by The Golem
I was blundering around Aira Force in the drizzling rain a couple of weeks ago when a guy spotted my GPSr.

:mad:

Darn. Another cache I've come within spitting distance of and not know it. Visited Aira Force earlier this year! Learnt the lesson now, carry the GPS whereever you go!

adambro