Spinner/plucker Problem?

Alacrity

For the past month or two I have had problem getting Plucker Desktop to build the plucker file to sync to my PDA. Spinner does its thing but when updating the channel in Plucker Desktop it will chug for a while then hang. Plucker will not respond after that and the only way to get rid of it is to kill the plucker desktop and the python processes. The file for the PDA is not built.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there any way through it?

I assume there is a page with something on it that the paser does not like but I can't find the page the is causing the problem.

Can anyone help?

Sounds like a problem I had with Plucker many, many years ago (about 3). At that time I used GPX2HTML(similar to Spinner). Fizzymagic, the creator, was able to make a fix at his end for what apparently was caused by particular caches having "bad HTML" used in their pages and causing the problem with Plucker. The fix allowed Plucker to skip on by the offending cache.

The combo of GSAK/Plucker is similar in that Plucker would list the cache but no description.

I currently use GSAK/CacheMate which doesn't seem to care what HTML was used in the cache page.

Cheers, Olar

Have tried GSAK and Cachemate but don't care for either. Seems overkill to me. I did find a Plucker Desktop alternative that looks to work, called Sunrise (was JPluck). It generates a file for the Plucker reader so you still need Plucker on the palm. Sunrise does list a number of errors as it processes the files but it keeps chugging.

I'm currently syncing a new file to may palm as I type; we'll see how it goes.

Sunrise can be found on palmgear.com by the way.

I've got a bunch of code in Spinner that strips out a bunch of HTML oddities that I know to upset Plucker. I'd be interested in isolating what it is that is causing your problem, Alacrity. Can you please send me a GPX file that demonstrates this problem?

Thanks for the reply! The file is on its way!

I also had problems with Plucker's desktop application. It was very slow and prone to crashing my poor old frankenlaptop.

I ditched it and replaced it with Sunrise. It runs much faster, is pretty easy to set up, allows you to include any cache page pics on your PDA, and doesn't make my laptop freeze up.

You'll still retain your Plucker application that is on your PDA.

Help, Ive had the same problem with plucker hanging. Ive tried switching to sunrise but it gives me an error during install that im missing a 'vfsapi.dll'. Im totaly at a loss as what to do? Anybody have the same problem? Any sugestions? Thanks

5winters

Looks like vfsaip.dll is part of the palm desktop software. Googling for it shows occations of that file being missing, corrupted or otherwise goofed up. The solution has been to uninstall the palm desktop software and re-install.