Regular, Small Or Micro

Team Beer

From the Cache Types section of the Geocache Listing Requirements/Guidelines:

Cache Types

Cache sizes for all caches that have a physical container.

•  
  • Micro (35 mm film canister or smaller, typically containing only a logbook)
    first

• Small (Decon container, sandwich-sized Tupperware-style container or similar, holds trade items as well as a logbook)

• Regular (Tupperware-style container or ammo can)

• Large (5 gallon bucket or larger)

What is a Decon container??

Where I'm from, Decon is a brand of rat poison that comes in a small triangular cardboard container. I'm guessing that is NOT what is being referred to in this case.

They are the boxes that military decontamination kits come in. You can get them at some army surplus stores for a few bucks. They are weather-tight, assuming people snap down the lids properly, and they come with a handy attachment hook that makes them easy to hang.

And while were talking about the word "assuming" let's also mention that you need to mention something in your cache page about "please sign the log "assuming" you can get the friggin thing open". I came across one last week that made me want to add a few sticks of TNT to my cache pack!!!

However, based on other threads, I believe that if you're shopping for these, and have the benefit of touching them before purchasing them (not off the web), that's what you'd be looking for since it was water tight and adult proof as opposed to child proof!!! :(

... They are weather-tight, assuming people snap down the lids properly, ...

According to what I've heard, lets put emphasis on the word, Assuming . :)

I've had them leak even if the lid was on properly. Some don't have tight fitting lids.

The only cache I've ever found in a Decon box was damp/moist inside. I couldn't get the lid to close securely and even if I could have all it would have done is keep the contents from drying out.

Edited by Thot