Letterboxing

Yorkypudding

A letterbox Hybrid cache is a mixture of an geocache and a letterbox. Leterboxes are just a container with a stamp (usualy unique) and a log book where you leave an impression of your stamp, and stamp your own personal log book with the containers stamp. To find them you follow a set of clues/instructions. A geocache letterbox hybrid, is a standard cache with its own unique stamp to take an impression off,if you carry a personal log book (or in the case of one cacher, the back of his hand :lol: ). Most can be found by just using your GPS, but I know of one :D where your only given the parking coordinates, and you then have to find the set of instructions to find the box. Currently there are 64 letterbox hybrid caches in the UK the list can be found Here. If you fancy doing a CITO event and going and finding a Letterbox hybrid on the same day give me a shout and I'll put you in touch with one of the event organisers who just happens to own a letterbox hybrid 15 minutes drive away :lol:. Due to the early start to the event, I can offer free accommodation in a warm and dry caravan, which just happens to be sat on my driveway :lol:.

After checking out yorkypudding's profile :lol: , I thought that I'd better add that there would be 2 chaperons my O/H Nette and daughter Stephanie (Dolly Girl)

Dave :lol:

Edited by Mancunian Pyrocacher

Hi, :blink:

Its funny where some threads lead to, Letterboxing dogging I can see how that happened :laughing: lol.

Thanks for the info on Letterboxing, I will endeavour to get my icon. I would love to attend the CITO event because I dont have that icon either, but unfortunately cant make it sorry.

Thanks for your offer of accomodation though Mancunian Pyrocacher thats very kind and if I could make a rain check on it too, I may need that offer again one day. :unsure:

Yorkypudding.