Any Members Of Search And Rescue Out There?

Jazzerboo

Hey, I was wondering how many geocachers are members of Search and Rescue. I've seen polls for military and law enforcement and it made me curious to find out how many of us are Search and Rescue. I've been a member of the volunteer Search and Rescue association in my community for 4 years now. I am a member of both Ground SAR and CASARA(Civillian Air Search and Rescue). Is there anyone else out there?? State what type of Search and Rescue you are in(ground, sea, air) and how long you have been in for.

Edited by Jazzerboo

Senior K9 handler for First Response Search and Rescue, Frisco, TX... Deputyhound is the incident commander and founder of the team. He's been doing it for 20+ years; I've been in about 4 years. We're both SAR TECH II with NASAR. He is also a NASAR coordinator, and I'm becoming a NASAR evaluator.

sarhound and Deputyhound

"Bloodhound drool-- the original rubber cement."

I'm a paramedic and have been a member of various rescue and disaster teams for the last 12 years. I'm actually leaving tomorrow morning w/ our state's response team for 2 weeks in the New Orleans area.

my hats off to you man. judgeing by the news they need all the help they can get. Stay safe

pyro