Traditional Or Multi?

bonnjer

I'm planning a cache that will initially include a card that has coordinates to a special FTF cache. On occasion, I will place another card with coordinates to a different special cache in a different location. I'm not whether this would be classified as traditional or multi. How would you submit this one? Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

If the FTF caches are listed separatly, then your cache is a regular cache. When it doesn't have a card leading to a bonus cache it's a regular cache. If they don't need to find the extra cache to log the cache it's a regular cache. If the log book that you are going to look at to see who found your cache is in the first cache, it's a regular cache.

I'm going to go with regular.

Ok, that does sound like a traditional then. Yes, the coordinates on the site are going to be the ones leading to the cache with the log in it. The special caches are not going to be required for logging the find, but will be purely for the extra hunt and reward to the cacher. Thanks!

Exactly, that's why I wanted to do it like that. It would give the finder the option of going a little farther to get a little bit better prize. My plan is that in my bonus caches I'll have a little higher quality item(s). Each bonus cache will be in a different area and each will have different things in it. If the finder gets to my regular cache, finds the card in it, and decides not to go for it, then it will be there for the next person. If they get it, then I'll have the fun of replacing it and putting a different somewhere else.

Work with your approver. There may be some issues with verifying that the bonus cache is placed in a proper location, but I'm sure you can work it out.

How do I go about finding out who my approver would be? I'm in the central Louisiana area. If there's a specific person, I'd like to run it by him/her beforehand. Thanks.

What happens to the container for the bonus cache?  Will you pick it up or is the finder supposed to (don't count on that necessarily happening)?

Great question. What I'm doing for that is this. On the coordinates card, I instruct the finder that the container and the items inside are theirs to keep. For the container, I'm using a nicely camo taped canister that could easily be reused in this area. Of course as part of maintenance, I will check the area to make sure that the container was not just left behind.