Category Proposal <veterans' Memorials>

This category would list the small, local Veterans' Memorials that are all over the US.

To qualify, the Memorial must be sponsored, constructed, and maintained by local (State, County, City, etc) government, or by local organizations (Local Chapters of the VFW, American Legion, etc.), or by a group of citizens that just wanted to do something.

Memorials that were established by the Federal Government or with more than 25% of the funds being Federal Money do not qualify. Nor do the "nationally known" Memorials (Lone Sailor, Marine Corps Memorial, etc).

A Memorial that is submitted would be subject to approval.

You mean to restrict this category to US only .... and deprive yourself of the memorials that others have to offer and the remembrance of so many other service men and women that have given their lives to their country?

I have no intention of ignoring the other countries of the world.

I also have no clue how other countries, such as the UK of Finland, for example, handle such things. Do they have local Memorials, like what I'm talking about? Or are they all put in by the National Government.

Also, assuming that the rest of the world were included in this, how would they be checked by someone living in the US for their eligibility in this category?

I'm always open to constructive suggestions. Possibly, the Memorials that are not in the US could be a seperate category?

I like the idea. I have a cache at one now in honer of our Vets this is a two stage muilti that every one seams to enjoy. I also just did a vertial in CO. that i really like it also was a locationless for the flag so ended up a two-fer. I think all vet memorials should be included Some of the majors Like the Wall, Tomb of unknowen Solders and such can be a sub category. Just my two cents form an old vet.

I think all vet memorials should be included Some of the majors Like the Wall, Tomb of unknowen Solders and such can be a sub category. Just my two cents form an old vet.

I thought about including the "big name" memorials, but ultimately decided against it.

Those are visited every day by who kows how many people. This is a way to get people to visit the local ones, like yours, and like the one 1 block from my house.