Gps Church?

Beowulf83

My mother-in-law, who lives in the San Juans north of Seattle, found this in her local paper and sent it to me...

33236303_afe317cbb5_o.jpg

Sounds like an interesting way to attract new members. If I read her attached note correctly, the coordinates change each week. I haven't checked to see if these coordinates match the address for the church, but I'll do that this evening.

From their website, it looks like they don't have a fixed location, but meet in various buildings in the Anacortes, Sedro-Wooley area.

If it is a traveling cache, I'm not going to venture a guess as to the swag. It would probably depend on their concept of worldly possesions and whether or not they use real wine for communion.

I'm sure it would. Don't you find it just a little curious that the coordinates are exactly the same for the cache and the worship service?

Yet another step down the path towards world domination through subversive religion masquerading as science.

Maybe the conspiracy theory is virtuous? :rolleyes::D

Edit: Still learning how to spell coordinates! :blink:

Edited by sept1c_tank

As a student at PBU (Philadelphia Biblical University) I'm tickled pink with the idea of this. Very very cool.

Sad to say, (and I'll leave this as my last comment on this, as this is not the place for such discussions) but while this is a novel idea, geocaching is a "niche" market, and if your looking to convert folks to Christ, this isn't exactly "reaching the masses".

Needless to say, its neat nonetheless.

Anyway, to avoid the inevitable religion bashing, I'll defer from other comments.

OTRA

Edited by OldTimeRadioAddict
What I found funny was that "GPS is a natural extension of Christ the King"

Am I the only one not seeing the natural extension? GPS really isn't a natural anything.

Didnt the wise men follow a Satellite object (star), to an object they didnt know where it would be 100% (Jesus), and in the end trade up? (Gold, Frankensence & Mhyrr in exchange for blessings)

Sounds exactly like ancient Geocaching to me =) They even ran into Muggles like Herod.

What I found funny was that "GPS is a natural extension of Christ the King"

Am I the only one not seeing the natural extension? GPS really isn't a natural anything.

Actually it said a "natural Extension of Christ the King Church," and lists various outdoor sites so I assume that they find the Lord all around them not just in a building. . . :lol: