Placing A New Cache

I live in a relative cache desert and one day would like to place caches in the area [when I have more caching experience under my belt]. To help me find ideal spots and ideal cache types, what sort of cache would get your interest? Puzzle caches, multiples, interesting location....? I would also like to place a themed one for younger kids to help them learn to use a GPS device, again, would that make people come? Micro's hidden in the city centre, are they worth coming down for?

Mind you, just a outline of your favourite cache and what attracted you to it is welcome :rolleyes:

Sorry if I am repeating an old forum question :laughing:

Personally, my favourite caches have bee ones that have made me explore an area I thought I knew well, and given new insights. In particular, caches that draw out history or other things of interest. Two I have particularly enjoyed are -

Olney - The Pancake Race Place and Reigate mini multi Ramble

Surprises are particulalry nice - for example, I thought I knew the Reigate area well, and am interested in 19th century fortifications - I didn't expect to find one here.

For us it's location,location,location.

An reasonably accessable starting location.

An attracive or interesting route to final location .

A reasonably accessable /muggle free/ rubbish free cache site location .

To be reasonably muggle free we dont expect the actual cache site to be the most attractive part of the experience.

One of the sites I have in mind is a little known historical site in a surprising location. In fact, I'll bet that many of you have roared past it on the M1 and didnt even notice it as its partly hidden by trees. Its far away enough to be a peacefull and pleasant spot, away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Problem is, I don't know if I should make it a traditional, mulitple or puzzle as it has all those potentials.

The type of cache you make it depends on you and the area you 're in...

Here in Cheshire, i'd say about 60% are caches other than Traditional caches, and so a couple of cachers have started to place traditional ones to even it out a bit... It does get tiresome doing lots of puzzle caches, or lots of multis, so take a look at the type of caches there are around you, and see what's needed.

Take a look at ARRKs's Painting by number series in cheshire

they are a great advert for caching, 3 well thought out multis each with their own twist in the tail and then a good colouring session to locate the final bonus cache coordinates,

great fun,

very children friendly

even for this big kid :rolleyes:

iain