New Geocaching Podcast - Podcacher!

I just found out about a new Podcast all about Geocaching. Check out PodCacher, which is already up to Episode 3. I haven't listened yet, but the description seems to imply that it's part of a new type of cache that has audio clues.

There's also http://www.georadio.org/ and http://cachecast.podbus.com/ that I found by searching the forums for those who, like me, were unaware of any Geocaching podcasts out there. I've got quite a lot to listen to when I go out tomorrow to catch up on the caches I've missed while sick.

I have listened to all 3 podcasts since each started up. They are all very enjoyable.

For those without a MP3 player (iPod, iRiver, etc) you can still listen to each of them. Just go to the URLs in the initial post in the thread and download the MP3 files. They'll play on any computer in whatever program (Quicktime, Windows Media Player, Real Player, etc) you already have installed.

If anyone has issues, post here and we'll try to get you going. They are all entertaining to listen to.

The PodCacher is up to show #4 now.

Georadio.org is up to show #10.

The CacheCast is up to show #4 too.

Check them all out.

I created two geocaching podcasts for our SLAGA group in St. Louis. Rather than add one more RSS feed to the world, my first choice would be to include them in the feed at http://www.georadio.org. According to its webmaster, deltadawg, freelance contributions are encouraged.

However, there hasn't been a podcast from that site in over a month. Deltadawg hasn't replied to any of my emails regarding publishing my SLAGA podcasts.

There isn't a better time than now to catch the podcasting wave. Besides myself, I know there are others who want to jump on the bandwagon and add geocaching podcast content to the internet. (I know about www.podcacher.com and www.cachecaster.com, but I haven't seen either site welcome freelance contributions.)

If georadio.org isn't going to catch the wave, then I might consider getting on my own surfboard and start paddling. Anyone else want to join me in creating an incubator web site for freelance geocaching podcasts? Or can someone wake deltadawg up?

In the mean time, the two SLAGA geocaching podcasts are at:

http://podcast.geostl.com

I subscribe to Podcacher.

They welcome freelance material. They have been asking for material for the last few episodes.

They also want listeners to place "PodCaches". They are caches listed here that have an mp3 as the only hints. The finder has to listen to the mp3 to find the cache.

They also record some of their hunts. It is very entertaining.

Send them an email, they have a great show!

I have been corresponded with Sonny from www.podcacher.com by email recently. In one email I specifically asked if they would host my SLAGA podcasts. That is one email I didn't get a reply to.

I don't think my podcasts are THAT bad! But it could very well be that it doesn't fit into their plans for their web site. They do a very good job of keeping their website fresh all by themselves.

georadio.org would be the perfect for the SLAGA podcasts. Maybe I'm too anxious for publication and maybe my emails to deltadawg are being marked as spam. But once I have a podcast ready, I want to be able to put it 'out there' immediately.