Summer Goals

I figure if I make this public, I'll have to go ahead and do it. Sort of the way I quit smoking about 30 years ago.

So, my goal is to break 100 by the end of summer. I'll have 80 within a day or so. Summer plans include about 3 weeks in New Hampshire, and I have a couple of dozen possibilities in the central NH area. Then about a week in London, again with a dozen or so caches. Then about a week in Cambridge, with a half dozen or so caches within walking distance. If I hit 100 by the end of August, I'll have averaged 10 caches a month since I started in November. Not bad, I think.

My constraints are family goals which, while sympathetic to mine, are not as focussed on geocaching as mine are. Rather than dashing madly about NH looking for tupperware, they would often prefer to loll about the pond; rather than looking for the 16th Century English Pub cache, they might rather go to Harrods.

Anybody else have specific geocaching related goals for the summer? How about posting your goals, and your progress in reaching them as summer progresses?

My goal for the summer is to have fun. After that I want to try and have fun. If that all goes as planned, I'll be able to get to my other goal: have fun. :blink:

Other than the above, I have been wanting to get a 30 find day- caching solo. In the Chicago area. Where most of my finds already are. Not as easy as it would have been a while ago. Just waiting for the right time.

Good luck on yours!

My plan is to 1) Help to put on the best event the Midwest has seen. 2) Crack the elusive 1k mark when girlgeek hits the 500 finds landmark.* 3) Start earning enough money in my job to be able to take more time off for caching.* 4) Let some of the regional geocaching projects I'm working on be continued by other people.**

It's a tough schedule, but we'll see.

* On target to do it by the end of July.

** Targeted for Late August.