Jeep Or Geocoin Cache

aragorn05

Jeeps and geocoins are TB's and, in my opinion, are not trade items. I do not feel people need to trade for them. If theres a TB in a cache you can move along, go right ahead and snag it.

I once found a cache with 5 bugs in it and I took them all because I was heading out of state and each of the bugs had goals that I could help.

TB's are the property of the bug owner, not the cache owner. The cache owner really has no say in how, when and under what circumstances TB's leave their caches.

Just my 2 cents.

There is a Yellow Jeep Travel Bug trade-only cache somewhere in California that has been working well since August 2004. And the owner vigorously watches over it to make sure the Jeeps are swapped.

You'll have to search for it yourself, since I'm not the owner and don't want to bring more publicity than I already have now. <_<

The problem with treating it as a trade item is this. Although you traded for it in this cache and placed it in that cache and traded for it, when the next cacher who comes and does not view it as a trade item takes it, its has effectively decreased the swag in that cache. I had this happen to a cache of mine. I put a nice collection of swag in, nothing dollar store. I know it will deteriorate over time but thats ok. The first day i had someone take a $4 matchbox car and leave a TB. He got the TB from down the road where he left nothing. So in sense he has decreased this cche already. Most people view them as non tradelable, as i do, since they are not property of the cache owner but have an owner and goal in mind. I hope someone moves my TB's whether they have swag for trade or not. Just my thoughts.

There is a Yellow Jeep Travel Bug trade-only cache somewhere in California that has been working well since August 2004. And the owner vigorously watches over it to make sure the Jeeps are swapped.

You'll have to search for it yourself, since I'm not the owner and don't want to bring more publicity than I already have now. :)

Jeep Swap

The problem with treating it as a trade item is this. Although you traded for it in this cache and placed it in that cache and traded for it, when the next cacher who comes and does not view it as a trade item takes it, its has effectively decreased the swag in that cache. I had this happen to a cache of mine. I put a nice collection of swag in, nothing dollar store. I know it will deteriorate over time but thats ok. The first day i had someone take a $4 matchbox car and leave a TB. He got the TB from down the road where he left nothing. So in sense he has decreased this cche already. Most people view them as non tradelable, as i do, since they are not property of the cache owner but have an owner and goal in mind. I hope someone moves my TB's whether they have swag for trade or not. Just my thoughts.

Hmm, perhaps I should have specified that I leave a trade item when I take a TB most of the time. I don't usually leave a TB and take something without leaving a regular trade item too. Unless of course it's a tiny nick nack and I have nothing else on my person at the time, which isn't too often.

I think it all comes down to trade up/trade even or don't trade. Some people just don't get that. I wouldn't think a TB would be worth 1 matchbox car let alone 4. And again, if taking something from the cache, I tend to leave the TB and something else.

I had to do some cache maint yesterday and today on several of my caches. I was shocked at what was left in them considering what they were originally stocked with, and after only a few months on some of them. It's depressing.

I never had a doubt that you trade fairly and hope you didn't take that i was thinking you didn't. TB's just aren't regular trade though. They can't be when someone else owns them. It is good to trade for them when taking, it helps the cache out but i never take something when i leave one, unless like you i leave something else also. If only more learned that we wouldn't have too keep adding to our caches, they would be self fulfilling.