A Little Help Please?

I believe you'll be at Pier 2. Hwy 30 runs right in front of it so that may help you find some caches.

The Astoria Column should be within eyeball distance from the pier. It's a virtual. The Column is a big tower on top of a hill that looks like a.....well, you'll know it when you see it.

There is also a trolley that runs downtown. I'm not sure how close it gets to the piers but it goes all the way down the water front under the Astoria Bridge. The ship will probably have information on the trolley but you can go here and read a little about the trolley. I think there's also a cache ON the trolley.

If I remember correctly Astoria #1 and Astoria #2 are less than a half mile from the piers.

If you hop the trolley you can grab THE ASTORIA RIVERFRONT CACHE , The Other Clark(this one is up from the water front a little bit but worth the walk), Firmly Anchored and a couple more.

Don't bother with GoonieOria. It's a fair walk up the hill and not all that spectacular for a vitrual.

The cruise ships dock on the west side of the Hwy 101 bridge. The nearest caches to that are Astoria #1 and #2. Just film cannisters thrown under a bush. Nothing special but they are nearby caches.

I haven't done the caches Weightman mentions so can't speak to the quality of them but have heard good things about them. They are less than a mile walk so are easily reachable from the ship.

Astoria #3 seems to be gone for good, no big loss IMHO. I believe the owner of this (and the other 2 Astoria's) moved to California so doubt it will be replaced again.

Firmly Anchored, mentioned by pdxmarathonman, is about a mile from the ship maybe a little more. It's an old virtual and frankly a good example of why virtuals have been pretty much eliminated from geocaching.com.

Astoria Column is another virtual cache that is a pretty cool spot but quite an uphill hike from the ship. Would imagine they might have busses out there though. If it's a nice day it has a great view and is an excellent place to fly airplanes from (they sell very inexpensive ones there).

If you like the Goonies then you'd love Goonieoria but unfortunately it would probably take some alternate transportation from just walking.

Gnat Creek is not within walking distance and so if you are restricted to walking of public transportation skip that one. I really liked that one, but it is a bit out of town.

I agree with Stump on #1 and #2. I think both of them have been replaced at least once by other cachers and both have finds logged to them from people who did not find them at all.