Temp Caches

Shrek & Fiona

every one has there own idea how to log temp caches at a picnic or camp out

I would like to see a new icon that would say temp or has tc on it it dosnt have to count toward your toatal count but does keep track of how many temps you log

maybe some one can give this idea to jerremy thanks

like in the wga post I am not telling you how to do it but some people would like to keep track how many temps they find on there home page count under a new icon

Temporary caches aren't allowed under the geocache listing guidelines, so absent a change in the guidelines, I wouldn't expect the site to add features centered around them.

If an event cache is listed because it meets the guidelines for an event cache, the listing site's role is finished and it is then up to the cache owner to decide how finders can log the cache. So long as no listing guidelines are broken, if an event cache owner chooses to allow multiple finds of the event because there are temporary caches hidden for the event, that's their business, and it is a finder's business to decide whether they want to log a single "attended" log or a bunch of additional smilies.

I posted in another area and was told to post here so here it gos again

there is temp caches at many different outings

I and some others would like to see a new icon for a temp cache find it dosnt need to add to the toatal finds on the home page but just count the temps found and the icon could say temp on it or TC temp cache

and yes there is some people that think temps should not be loged well please if you dont like it dont log them

but for the rest of us we would like to keep track of them

I think the way the SLAGA group handled logging of temporary event caches for the MOGA event worked very well. Is there a SLAGA person on the forums to explain it (I'm sure you would do a better job than I)?

Edit: punctuation

Edited by NoLemon