Found our **FIRST** cache!!!!

AirRaidFan

This was hidden by Tripleader and is in a gorgeous area. Using a Magellan Sportrak Map, I did the navigating and my eagle-eyed wife spotted the micro container. This was Better Pizza-2 and I highly recommend it. We took some corn and fed the ducks. A very scenic area that should serve as a model for corporate america. Also, thanks to BITHEAD for assistance in getting started as an expert navigator! This is a wonderful sport. Thanks Bill Clinton! icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by ~erik~:

We all have fond memories of our first!

My first was a no-find icon_smile.gif But I do remember the second, and I even remember what I said when we found it.

----------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you be also be like him.

Ah. Close enough! Glad you found one. They're like Lay's Potato Chips, though, you can't stop with just one.

With my first cache, I had an idea where it was in a park near my house. I printed the cache page, went to Wal-Mart & bought the yellow eTrex and headed to the park. Had no idea about entering waypoints. I just followed the numbers until I was right on top of the cache. icon_wink.gif

As a true techie, I read the manual AFTER using the device...

- If the cat had kittens in the oven, we wouldn't call 'em biscuits. -

My first was a DNF and I got heat exhaustion to boot.

Waited two days, and went after that sucker at 06:00. Found the cache, lost my cellphone.

Went back the next day to try and find the cellphone got the 4-Runner stuck.

But I got hooked on geocaching.

Since my masochistic baby left me, I got nothing to whip but the cream.

Today we did #40, 41, & 42. Climbed a mountain today. That's a big difference from when I first started out, huffing and puffing. I can climb another mountain next week if I want and I won't worry about the climb. Of course the mountains of New York and New England are not as high as those out west but they still go uphill and down! You will be hooked.

Cache you later,

Planet

spacecraft.gif

I feel much more like I do now than when I first got here.