What's A Good Waterproof, Magnetic Container

I had good luck with an Altoids tin painted with rust proof paint. I also removed the hinges from the lid, so that the lid would fit tight all the way around (the paint made it fit pretty tight too). I put the log in a craft baggie inside just in case, but the cache was in plain sight and open to the elements for around 9 months without ever getting wet. I don't think it would have stayed dry without the hinges removed and the paint though.

I use the smallest Lock n Lock container (.4 cup I think) and I duct tape a rare earth magnet inside the lid. Its waterproof and the strong magnet will provide a solid hold even though its inside the container.

Another possibility is to forget about a watertight container and use waterproof paper like National Geographic Adventure Paper.

Here's the L & L with the magnet in place:

21c99e66-1127-4bbd-be52-5830e879f6ca.jpg

a150d194-ad8c-47b0-9cbe-75f248e07762.jpg

Edited by briansnat

If you're looking for magnets and have an old computer that you don't use anymore, you cacn open up the hard drive (warning: this will completely destroy it!) and take the magnets out, or you can use the magnet in the speaker (the one in the computer, not the ones sitting beside it) then stick them into whatever you decide to use as a cache container