Went Geocaching

iluv cockerspaniels

NoLemon Posted on Apr 13 2005, 01:51 PM

Before you rule out having it fixed, at least contact them and ask for an estimate.

Not Exactly. No estimate. Garmin has a "flat rate repair charge". Seems to be about 1/3rd the cost of a new unit plus shipping.

I see you posted in the Garage Sale Forum and identified the unit as an Etrex.

Assuming we are talking about an Out Of Warranty Repair:

Garmin Out Of Warranty Repair

Look up a Product and get the price.

Edited by Cardinal Red
I went through Garmin.com and it's going to cost $59+... It's a yellow etrex. I bought it at Wal-Mart a couple months ago. I cant find my receipt. I am so bummed out because I was gonna go out this weekend with it :rolleyes:

It will be like new when they send it back. Still cheaper than buying a new one.

I was looking for a cache on a steep hill, almost a cliff, last summer. I was using a stick to look under rocks for the cache. Except I upset a bee-hive! At the time I just carried my etrex without a cord or anything else. After I got stung several times I threw my etrex down and scrambled up to the top of the hill so I could run-away from the bees.

I waited for a 1/2 hour in an adjacent to field to make sure I wasn't going to go into shock for have an asthma attack. (I had a cacher who was a nurse caching with me) Taking an inventory I had been stung 8 times! But now I had to climb the 80 feet down the hill to get my etrex that I threw in my flight from the be-hive. Good thing it was yellow, had I had a camoflage one I would have just left it there.

When I finally retreived the etrex it was a little dusty, and I still have it. It's a tough SOB. Maybe laughing at my mis-adventure will cheer you up.

I was looking for a cache on a steep hill, almost a cliff, last summer. I was using a stick to look under rocks for the cache. Except I upset a bee-hive! At the time I just carried my etrex without a cord or anything else. After I got stung several times I threw my etrex down and scrambled up to the top of the hill so I could run-away from the bees.

I waited for a 1/2 hour in an adjacent to field to make sure I wasn't going to go into shock for have an asthma attack. (I had a cacher who was a nurse caching with me) Taking an inventory I had been stung 8 times! But now I had to climb the 80 feet down the hill to get my etrex that I threw in my flight from the be-hive. Good thing it was yellow, had I had a camoflage one I would have just left it there.

When I finally retreived the etrex it was a little dusty, and I still have it. It's a tough SOB. Maybe laughing at my mis-adventure will cheer you up.

At least yours didn't float away down a river... :huh:

I was looking for a cache on a steep hill, almost a cliff, last summer.  I was using a stick to look under rocks for the cache.  Except I upset a bee-hive!  At the time I just carried my etrex without a cord or anything else.  After I got stung several times I threw my etrex down and scrambled up to the top of the hill so I could run-away from the bees. 

I waited for a 1/2 hour in an adjacent to field to make sure I wasn't going to go into shock for have an asthma attack.  (I had a cacher who was a nurse caching with me) Taking an inventory I had been stung 8 times!  But now I had to climb the 80 feet down the hill to get my etrex that I threw in my flight from the be-hive.  Good thing it was yellow, had I had a camoflage one I would have just left it there. 

When I finally retreived the etrex it was a little dusty, and I still have it.  It's a tough SOB.  Maybe laughing at my mis-adventure will cheer you up.

At least yours didn't float away down a river... :lol:

Thank you n00b, for reopening that painful wound... :huh:

(my new eXplorist 600 will be here Monday!)

I was looking for a cache on a steep hill, almost a cliff, last summer.  I was using a stick to look under rocks for the cache.  Except I upset a bee-hive!  At the time I just carried my etrex without a cord or anything else.  After I got stung several times I threw my etrex down and scrambled up to the top of the hill so I could run-away from the bees. 

I waited for a 1/2 hour in an adjacent to field to make sure I wasn't going to go into shock for have an asthma attack.  (I had a cacher who was a nurse caching with me) Taking an inventory I had been stung 8 times!  But now I had to climb the 80 feet down the hill to get my etrex that I threw in my flight from the be-hive.  Good thing it was yellow, had I had a camoflage one I would have just left it there. 

When I finally retreived the etrex it was a little dusty, and I still have it.  It's a tough SOB.  Maybe laughing at my mis-adventure will cheer you up.

At least yours didn't float away down a river... :huh:

Thank you n00b, for reopening that painful wound... :huh:

(my new eXplorist 600 will be here Monday!)

You're welcome! :lol: